2011-07-04: What A Shame

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2011-07-04: What A Shame

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for What A Shame
Dallen Andair
Errant Scholar

Re: 2011-07-04: What A Shame

Post by Dallen Andair »

Lower left panel...wow. Sarine look flat out badass.
Yenhael: Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein!
Ian: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
Kian
Forum Regular

Post by Kian »

Next panel, her head ASPLODES.

Jon - "Yay! Useful again!"
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Nah, the next panel should see three rounds go through her chest. ;)
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Flintlock
Forum Regular

Post by Flintlock »

Slamlander wrote:Nah, the next panel should see three rounds go through her chest. ;)
Why do I get an Indiana Jones vibe from all this?

"Space is big. Really big." - Douglas Adams
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

So, even with the grenade field in effect, they can both use Durus Flamma.

Well, if Jon is wanting to be relevant, now is probably the time. Unless Sara already lost...but I have faith in Paul's mediocrity.
Kill...more...elves.
Dallen Andair
Errant Scholar

Post by Dallen Andair »

ChunLing wrote:So, even with the grenade field in effect, they can both use Durus Flamma.

Well, if Jon is wanting to be relevant, now is probably the time. Unless Sara already lost...but I have faith in Paul's mediocrity.
I'm willing to be that if Anita goes down, Paul will surrender and offer to end hostilities if he's allowed to lead whats left of the Ensiegrum home peacefully. He's never been behind this mission, and thus far has always put the well being of his fellow monks before anything else.
Yenhael: Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein!
Ian: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
Ged
Errant Scholar

Post by Ged »

I'm thinking the monks no-longer have a cohesive enough command and control structure to leave the field in any sort of order. Their top brass were wandering the field on their own essentially doing nothing command-y. They're committed now. The NCOs and their training will shape their contribution to the conflict - or the mob if they didn't bother building that in.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Until Ian drops the force field keeping them all there, the Ensigerium don't have much use for orders.

All of the monks should be comfortable fighting on their own hooks. Operating solo or in senior/junior pairs is the only way we've seen them operate so far, it's probable that Anita doesn't even have a command structure beyond having made it clear that this operation is over as soon as Ian lets them out of the mountain. Which she's already done.
Kill...more...elves.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

One minor criticism of this panel (which otherwise is excellent): If Anita's head really was at that angle to her body, Sarine wouldn't need to be dueling her, as the mandatory broken neck would have made it all unnecessary. Poe has done this a couple of other times, putting heads in enormously overflexed poses; I remember one with Kawaii that particularly left me wondering if the Paedagogusi had necks made out of a slinky or something. Well, it's all for the sake of art and a good story ...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.