2008-03-03 "So, how's Meji doing?" "Uh..."

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Talancir
Errant Scholar

2008-03-03 "So, how's Meji doing?" "Uh..."

Post by Talancir »

I take it Misa was rather... disturbed by the thought of shit-slinging familiars.

And from the sound of this update, an Inanire 312 is an Ensigerum uniform. Maybe it was the last uniform type they made for the Ensigerum before they kicked them out.

EDIT: come on guys, it's been over 9 hours since I usually begin searching for a new update! someone else should have made a new thread about it! Y'all're slacking.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

2008-03-03 All Praise High Civilization and Society

Post by mindstalk »

Alt titles: "simply not be proper" and "sized for a woman"

Wonder how long it's been. Misa changed clothes again. It was Misa herself delivering the note. "Interesting experience" -- seeing her first half-elf, seeing a flying(?) cat, or listening to Meji and Ellis?

Ensigerum uniform for a woman, doesn't Sara have her own? Guess it might not be a "correct" uniform anymore. Dunno what Sarine's planning.

Edit: seeing how many characters the subject will take. Answer: 60. The textbox let me put in 123456789012 but the forum only posted up to '8'.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Re: 2008-03-03 "So, how's Meji doing?" "Uh..."

Post by mindstalk »

No, the Inanire was in a sealed case, but Misa had to go find a tailor to make the Ensigerum uniform. Inanire might be the armor... if that's something Sarine wished she'd taken the last time she left... the time when she explicitly rejected Misa's suggestion of taking elven armor.

Edit: the update came pretty late today, and we made threads simultaneously.
Talancir
Errant Scholar

Post by Talancir »

mindstalk wrote:the update came pretty late today, and we made threads simultaneously.
woot! I trumped your other thread post by 2 minutes!
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Re: 2008-03-03 All Praise High Civilization and Society

Post by Pillaroforder »

Today's update was kinda late but it's here and that's all that matters.

I suspect it was an interesting experience for Misa on many levels, possibly in all the ways you mentioned and then some.

Also Misa probably got Sara a 'parade' uniform, while she has an 'every day' robe on.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

I once made a first post at work but was called away before I finished. By the time I hit submit button I wasn't first by a longshot.
Shteven
Forum Regular

Post by Shteven »

As long as first posts don't contain the word first, we're still miles ahead of many internet forums. Let's hope that lasts!

Anyways, I think it makes good sense to tailor formal outfits for Sara/Jon and possibly Meji. Sarine would probably have one that she has to retrieve/alter. They are probably heading for a trial, or at least going before a council. If you were going to modern courts you would wear a formal suit - who is wearing a suit while reading this post now? Sara may have an Ensigerum outfit, but is the appropriate, formal one? Being as elves know who the Ensigerum are, even if their ideas are wildly outdated, they will have expectations for what formal and everyday wear looks like.

I wish it weren't the case, but the clothes make the (wo)man. P.S. - I hate belts.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Plus, technically they're still wearing the same clothes that they've been wearing since, umm forever, it seems like, right?

i would expect that even if their clothes are clean, they'd still be battered and travel stained. I think a change of clothes is in order.

I just wonder what Jon will think if his turns out to be fancy. Heh heh.

(I never wear suits if I can help it. I just usually go for a nice sweater or something. Still a far cry from what I wore 3 years ago. And what is wrong with belts huh? I love them. Just another outlet for expression.)
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

"Oh, make that an Ensergium uniform for a very small, thin woman . . ."

I'm guessing the old elite corps didn't recruit many human subjects under six feet.

The question remains, how much tailoring does a shapless gunnie sack outfit need? Possibly the really cool uniforms are something more . . . complementary . . . to the body shape, male or female.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

That's complimentary.

Hmm, Meji had personal hygiene spells she preferred to bathing in strange rivers. OTOH, she said her robe had developed nearly sentient stink, or some such. Didn't master her dry cleaning spells? Hopefully an elven ranger would have a better grasp of magical laundry.