2013-06-28: [CT] Finishing Him Off

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-06-28: [CT] Finishing Him Off

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Finishing Him Off
eee
Errant Scholar

Re: 2013-06-28: [CT] Finishing Him Off

Post by eee »

And the last thing that goes through Korene's brain... is Jon's bullet. Some guys have no luck at all. :(

(I thought this was a perfectly reasonable move on Jon's part. The Elves attacked Ian and Meji, they're obviously hostile, Ian was in a life and death fight with the leader, Jon's only options are to kill Captain Moron (good luck) or grab Meji and run, Korene was down but not out and still a source of danger... He's got to go. And shooting him was the fastest, surest way to do that.

Not to mention it eliminated a witness. Jon's should be thinking about wiping out witnesses to the fact that HE has interfered with the Elves and killed one or two of them. For the sake of his long term survival.)
Crackedcanadian
New Poster

Post by Crackedcanadian »

IDK ive always seen Jon as the most practical of the bunch, and best way to keep a low profile is to not cause the police to be looking for someone.
Never minded the whole sliding into care-bear thing figured is was reasonable since everyone else ended up causing most of the trouble.

Why shoot a group individually when you have a very high strung girl that has fireballs and is mostly indiscriminate about who plays catch with them.
erejnion
Forum Trainee

Post by erejnion »

Yeah, I mean, every group has to have balance? When you have two crazy teenagers to cause you troubles, it just slips your mind to cause troubles yourself.
Ori Klein
Forum Regular

Post by Ori Klein »

It's a good thing you did not succeed much in that endavour, Poe.
Were you to successfully paint him as a cold hearted killer it would've made it very hard to break that image later on and turn him into a character that we could empathize with.
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Post by Bytemite »

Jon pretty much always had his complicated hired gun/carebear characterization since the very beginning. He assassinated someone, slept with a crazy prostitute who ratted him out, and then promised a child half-elf shield that he'd let them go after he ducked the police and MEANT it.

Honestly I think that he had those other angles instead of being all just grr bad guy kill made him MORE realistic as a character in his line of work.

And besides, he doesn't really have another assassination job until Warrel and Sara show up, and that gets botched too, so he doesn't have much REASON to be a stone cold killer for the rest of the story. He just does his thing, which only sometimes involves shooting people.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

In short, Jon is not his job.

Killing people is just a way to make a buck. When he's not getting paid for it, it's not something he really likes to do for fun.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."