Moderator Volunteers?

Rules, announcements, suggestions, elections, and all the other fun things that make our forums tick.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Moderator Volunteers?

Post by Imp-Chan »

As one member pointed out, there are a lot of boards here. We need volunteers for moderators for all of them except the news boards. If you're interested in lending a hand, or if you have a vision for a category and want to help see it realized, let everyone know about it here so that the members can pick moderators next month.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
DT777
Forum Regular

Re: Moderator Volunteers?

Post by DT777 »

I'd apply, but I think everyone pretty much hates me, or doesn't remember me at all. Good Luck finding good mods tho, sometimes it can be a pain to try and find people who are level headed enough to not abuse the power, but willing to use it at the same time.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

So has anything happened with this, or did it disappear into the ozone? "Next month" is almost up.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

It vanished due to lack of interest.

Also, so far, we're not active enough to require extra moderators, though eventually we will need volunteers for it. I'm leaving it up to Jim when that is... there's a rough plan for how moderators should work once we have them, so it's not like we're not able to implement them when needed.

(Also, Boss Out of Town is set up to mod the ES board, so the most active board already has an electee in place)

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I'm nominating Shteven for the Mod position of the Games board... he's got an ambitious project which I think sounds neat (the Mafia thing), but will probably require him having Mod powers to pull off unless GB and I want to spend far too much time locking and unlocking things.

Also, now that we've got a centralized General Discussion forum, I'd like to re-open this topic for suggestions/volunteers/nominations for a GD moderator.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Viking-Sensei wrote:I'm nominating Shteven for the Mod position of the Games board... he's got an ambitious project which I think sounds neat (the Mafia thing), but will probably require him having Mod powers to pull off unless GB and I want to spend far too much time locking and unlocking things.

Also, now that we've got a centralized General Discussion forum, I'd like to re-open this topic for suggestions/volunteers/nominations for a GD moderator.
I second all of the above. The Mafia project does sound interesting, and it'll likely require a dedicated mod. Getting the GD mod set up is probably less urgent, but it would still be nice to have one.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
zanntos
Errant Scholar

Post by zanntos »

If you need some manpower for one of the boards lemme know, i tend to be able to hunt the forums when i'm at work anyway. Though that might almost be my downfall as i tend to board hunt 10am-7pm EST when alot of activity is at night :P
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

I'll mod if we ever get big enough to require any more, and for what it's worth I'll toss in my own vote for Shteven as a mod.

(Speaking of me and mod powers, I really need to get to work on the EN wiki >_>;)
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin
Twitter @: kaitou_

Post by kaitou »

Hmmm... since I'm in here all the time just to make sure things are working, I suppose you could stick me on the list...