2013-10-15: [CT] Deafening

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-10-15: [CT] Deafening

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Deafening
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2013-10-15: [CT] Deafening

Post by Neko7 »

Wait... So... No more pet's name?... But... But... I liked those....
hkmaly
Forum Regular

Post by hkmaly »

Neko7 wrote:Wait... So... No more pet's name?... But... But... I liked those....
Text on this page matches original. You may be thinking about NEXT page.
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

But Ellis! You know two assassins now! I would think you'd want Bani to have Rape-kun around on the chance you can get him killed! :lol:
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

hkmaly wrote:
Neko7 wrote:Wait... So... No more pet's name?... But... But... I liked those....
Text on this page matches original. You may be thinking about NEXT page.
Right. The text here isn't a perfect match with the original -- Bani's cursing has been changed to reflect the contention that an atheistic culture wouldn't have religious cusswords -- but it's substantially the same as before. Rape-Kun doesn't appear until several pages later, not just the next page. There is one significant change between this and the original, however. I will say that it fixes a minor incongruity in the original.

Incidentally, I'm interested to see how the next page is handled. We're entering a period for the original comic, one that lasted for quite a long time, when wall-o-text pages were common. They were great for advancing the story, but with the move to larger and more spacious speech bubbles, if things like the next page run without changes, there's not going to be any room left for the art. There will be -- Poe and Impy have been diligent about making sure the images peep through -- but getting through all that text will take a while. I can't wait!

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

There's gonna be a few changes incoming, yeah. Fortunately, the original art for these pages is a patchwork mess, so it was more shuffling than it was making new.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.