2017-03-29: civics lesson

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2017-03-29: civics lesson

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for civics lesson
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: 2017-03-29: civics lesson

Post by Graybeard »

Naga would fit into the Trump administration disturbingly well.

Congrats on the move, and a tip: standing desks are not only good to work on, they can help bad backs, etc. Take advantage of the lack of chairs until you get them.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Alice Machaer
Forum Regular

Post by Alice Machaer »

Re the hovertext: Oh yeah, I forgot Naga isn't white. Assuming the category of "race" even applies to nagas or other cryptids...
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

I can't read the text on Fran's phone in the last panel and I assume it's important to the punchline, can someone transcribe?
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

Forrest wrote:I can't read the text on Fran's phone in the last panel and I assume it's important to the punchline, can someone transcribe?
"How to report an illegal alien" is the headline, I think.

Most of the resident's of Fran's neighborhood are of questionable citizenship though, right? I mean, you have actual space aliens for starters, then the undead, mythical creatures from other countries, ect... Immigration officers don't get paid enough to deal with all that.
Starphoenix
New Poster

Post by Starphoenix »

Graybeard wrote:Naga would fit into the Trump administration disturbingly well.
Questionable citizenship kills that idea dead. Though with the whole Spirit Cooking stuff revealed on top of her complete lack of scruples in manipulating identity politics for cash and profit, she might have fit in with a Hillary Clinton administration.

Not sure there's an ICE agent with enough patience/courage/idiocy to deal with that neighborhood though.
Starphoenix
New Poster

Post by Starphoenix »

dark_lord_zagato wrote:"How to report an illegal alien" is the headline, I think.

Most of the resident's of Fran's neighborhood are of questionable citizenship though, right? I mean, you have actual space aliens for starters, then the undead, mythical creatures from other countries, ect... Immigration officers don't get paid enough to deal with all that.
The Baba Yaga based witches might be Russian/East European based.
Flaser
New Poster

Post by Flaser »

I can't believe no one posted this important observation yet:

Boobies!

(Yaaay)

PS.: Given her track record, I doubt Fran's gonna have any luck when it comes to getting rid of Naga.
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

Flaser wrote:PS.: Given her track record, I doubt Fran's gonna have any luck when it comes to getting rid of Naga.
Of course not. That would be like Wile E. Coyote killing the Road Runner. We wouldn't have a show to watch anymore.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

dark_lord_zagato wrote:
Flaser wrote:PS.: Given her track record, I doubt Fran's gonna have any luck when it comes to getting rid of Naga.
Of course not. That would be like Wile E. Coyote killing the Road Runner. We wouldn't have a show to watch anymore.
I don't totally agree. Wouldn't it be hilarious to see, before Fran took her back in, how Naga adapted to life as a street person? Might even be some entertaining social commentary there ... although that is something that DNPWWO has never particularly stressed, to put it mildly.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.