2017-04-19: Boob Job

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2017-04-19: Boob Job

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Boob Job
Alice Machaer
Forum Regular

Re: 2017-04-19: Boob Job

Post by Alice Machaer »

Oh no, poor Ann! I wonder if her programming allows her to make a run for it.

Actually, I could see Jordan having anticipated that sort of thing, and having programmed her to try escaping... emphasis on "try"... :twisted:
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

I wonder if Fran, being the slayer of AA batteries, would really dump Ann after finding out she's a "mandroid" or just keep her around as a ridiculously elaborate sex toy.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

I feel bad for that highly realistic robot. even though i know she is just programmed to act that way because her creator hates herself
Flaser
New Poster

Post by Flaser »

Once again...

Yay! Boobies!
taltamir wrote:I feel bad for that highly realistic robot. even though i know she is just programmed to act that way because her creator hates herself
Are simulated feelings any different for the simulated personality than so called "real" ones?
Alice Machaer
Forum Regular

Post by Alice Machaer »

It's interesting: despite Jordan repeatedly communicating, through her words and actions, that Ann isn't sapient, isn't a person, all of us commenters, from what I recall, consistently refer to Ann with the pronouns "she" and "her" (as opposed to "it" and "its"), and feel sorry for her. In other words, we react to her as though she were a sapient person. This may or may not be Michael's intent (see this post in which he mentions that Ann's arc is a response to the Quantic Dream tech demo Kara, about a robot who unexpectedly fears being dismantled, and to the prevalence of completely human robots in webcomics), but it's the result. And yeah, it does after a certain point become a matter of "if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck..."