2017-03-15: Planned Parenthood

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2017-03-15: Planned Parenthood

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Planned Parenthood
Spinell
New Poster

Re: 2017-03-15: Planned Parenthood

Post by Spinell »

After the last panel, her scam idea would only be the fourth most horrifying thing she ever said. :)
I want to age like her.
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

Snakes are weird. I Googled whether or not they can lay unfertilized eggs like chickens do, and they can, but it's very rare. Now I can't even make a joke about Naga messing with Fran's head by naming one of her blank eggs.
Starphoenix
New Poster

Post by Starphoenix »

So, does she fight not-Elizabeth Warren for a seat on the Senate?

Will there be hits taken out on her by NASA involving moon rocks?

Still, running for office wouldn't be the worst thing ever... I mean, look at the unqualified, two-faced buffoon we have there now... oh, and we have Trump there too.

:-P
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Starphoenix wrote:So, does she fight not-Elizabeth Warren for a seat on the Senate?

Is that a Brianna Wu reference? Including the Warren thing? What's the connection between Warren and Wu?
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

Starphoenix wrote:unqualified, two-faced buffoon
That doesn't exactly narrow it down a whole lot. It could still be anyone in Bad Washington. :razz:
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

Forrest wrote:
Starphoenix wrote:So, does she fight not-Elizabeth Warren for a seat on the Senate?

Is that a Brianna Wu reference? Including the Warren thing? What's the connection between Warren and Wu?
Brianna Wu said she wanted intended to run for a senate seat before she publicly embarrassed herself by making that stupid moon rocks comment.

To be honest, this and the next comic only happened because when I was doing a quick rewrite on the previous comic to add more recent references to it (the original script had been written back when Anita Sarkeesian announced she was stopping work on her original kickstarter video series and no one even expected Trump to get the gop nomination yet ). I decided to add the "lunar billionaires" line to Naga's ranting, which then immediately made my brain go to "let's write a comic where Naga says she'll run for congress!", which led to "let's split this scrip into two comics" then "I need an idea for the worst thing Fran ever heard Naga say for a punchline".
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Oh, I had forgotten that you had already made a moon-rocks joke on the previous comic page, I was just responding to Starphoenix's comment.

Mostly I'm still not clear why Starphoenix is referring to Warren specifically, since Wu isn't running to take her seat or something, so I don't know why she's singled out.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Starphoenix
New Poster

Post by Starphoenix »

Forrest wrote:Oh, I had forgotten that you had already made a moon-rocks joke on the previous comic page, I was just responding to Starphoenix's comment.

Mostly I'm still not clear why Starphoenix is referring to Warren specifically, since Wu isn't running to take her seat or something, so I don't know why she's singled out.
I'll level with you, I presumed she was running for Warren's seat... partly because Warren is the only active Senator I can recall from Massachusetts. It's laziness on my part, sorry for the confusion.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

dark_lord_zagato wrote:Snakes are weird. I Googled whether or not they can lay unfertilized eggs like chickens do, and they can, but it's very rare. Now I can't even make a joke about Naga messing with Fran's head by naming one of her blank eggs.
its naga... that egg was probably fertilized