2019-03-13: Well Excuse Me, Princess

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2019-03-13: Well Excuse Me, Princess

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Well Excuse Me, Princess
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2019-03-13: Well Excuse Me, Princess

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

I like how they handle that situation. Reset everything as before they found it. Perfect.

Would the word "flark" come from the old Dinosaurs sitcom? The episode where the baby keeps saying "smoo" to piss off his parents? That was a good one.
Ophidiophile
Forum Regular

Post by Ophidiophile »

Yeah, what is it with princesses these days? Used to be, you could lock one up in a tower or a room in a dungeon and not worry about her, allowing you to concentrate on preparing for the inevitable hero who would show up to rescue her. Now, half of them don't even wait for rescue; they're trying to escape all on their own, and usually making a mess of things. The last princess I kidnapped, I had her chained to a wall in a secure room with bars on the window and a stout oak door bolted on the outside. I come back in the evening with her dinner, and she has slipped out of her manacles, somehow managed to work one of the bars out of the window, gouged big chunks out of the door, and I swear she was hiding it behind her and planning to bean me with it as soon as I turned my back. When I confronted her and told her how disappointed I was in her behavior, she blamed it all on the dragon! I need a career change. The stress is killing me.
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

dark_lord_zagato wrote:I like how they handle that situation. Reset everything as before they found it. Perfect.

Would the word "flark" come from the old Dinosaurs sitcom? The episode where the baby keeps saying "smoo" to piss off his parents? That was a good one.
It was more that I wrote the dialog first then remembered it was going to be the aliens saying this so I had to toss in some fake scifi curses into it. I don't know the origin of it, but I could swear it was some science fiction setting that used it possibly even the old 80's Guardians of the Galaxy comic.
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

Michael Poe wrote:It was more that I wrote the dialog first then remembered it was going to be the aliens saying this so I had to toss in some fake scifi curses into it. I don't know the origin of it, but I could swear it was some science fiction setting that used it possibly even the old 80's Guardians of the Galaxy comic.
I see. It was also used in the episode "Baby Talk" of Dinosaurs, which would have aired years after that comic was published. Flark is an expletive and when the family turns on their TV there's this show called "The FLARK! Show" where all they do is say the word flark. It's not really a protest against profanity though. The plot of the episode is about how you shouldn't ask the government to ban things you find offensive.