2008-04-07 Rumble in Brighton tonight

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

2008-04-07 Rumble in Brighton tonight

Post by Slamlander »

Okay, so I'm a Stray Cats fan ;)

It looks like Ian is arriving.

I would say that said Elf is about to get his proof.

Said Elf also has no clue what real Ensigerum are these days. I wonder if Sara will get the chance to educate him?
Last edited by Slamlander on April 7th, 2008, 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Re: 2008-04-07 Rumble in Brighton tonight

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Playtime is over, kids. Momma's on her way in . . .
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Hell, with a distraction like Ian to take advantage of, Sara is about to seriously put the hurt on a few people.
Vavrek
Errant Scholar

Post by Vavrek »

This makes me wonder if Sarine was officially kicked out of the Viradior. As I understand it, an officer is still allowed to wear the official dress uniform after (s)he retires, which may be more convenient than getting a civilian suit. Even though Sarine's armor is a far cry from a dress uniform, something about that elf's tone makes me wonder.
zanntos
Errant Scholar

Post by zanntos »

So much for confidentiality and "maybe he isn't really tossing goddess nukes."

RAR Ian SMASH time.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Vavrek wrote:This makes me wonder if Sarine was officially kicked out of the Viradior. As I understand it, an officer is still allowed to wear the official dress uniform after (s)he retires, which may be more convenient than getting a civilian suit. Even though Sarine's armor is a far cry from a dress uniform, something about that elf's tone makes me wonder.
Regardless of whether or not she was chucked, showing up in a uniform you walked away from (or were thrown out of) to address the elven equivalent of Congress is really putting on airs. If she left honorably, then she's treading on thin ground. If she was THROWN OUT... That's claiming priveleges she did something to lose, and doing it flagrantly. Oh, yeah, that elf's tone is speaking volumes that adds to her "relative's" embarasement.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Vavrek wrote:This makes me wonder if Sarine was officially kicked out of the Viradior. As I understand it, an officer is still allowed to wear the official dress uniform after (s)he retires, which may be more convenient than getting a civilian suit. Even though Sarine's armor is a far cry from a dress uniform, something about that elf's tone makes me wonder.
Note his words carefully; "in armor that, by all rights,you should not be permitted to wear anymore"

That is only his personal position and in that same statement, he is acknowledging her right to wear it, even if he disagrees.

Later on, in that same speech bubble, he completely discounts the current existence of the Ensigerum. Altogether, it is a political statement designed to discredit Sarine, in an Ad Hominem attack, and enhance his own anti-errant faction.

Sarine is probably lucky with Ian's timing as there isn't a really decent response to that sort of attack.
Talancir
Errant Scholar

Post by Talancir »

Slamlander wrote:
Note his words carefully; "in armor that, by all rights,you should not be permitted to wear anymore"

That is only his personal position and in that same statement, he is acknowledging her right to wear it, even if he disagrees.

Later on, in that same speech bubble, he completely discounts the current existence of the Ensigerum. Altogether, it is a political statement designed to discredit Sarine, in an Ad Hominem attack, and enhance his own anti-errant faction.

Sarine is probably lucky with Ian's timing as there isn't a really decent response to that sort of attack.

agreed. the guy obviously carries a lot of clout and is very good at what he does or he wouldn't have recognized her ploy for what it was, and addressed it so publically... I think at this point it;s safe to say, "Yay for Ian! ... for once."
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

... Well, that was quick.

I figure Ian can open is own warp gates since he got there so fast? That meditative training seems to have worked wonders on his control. How if he could only practice some self control so that everyone doesn't get killed.
SkArcher
Errant Scholar

Post by SkArcher »

The Anilis.

Is that a typo, an elven way of speaking, or a slip of the tongue on yon elfs part?