2008-04-09 knock knock! Who's here?

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2008-04-09 knock knock! Who's here?

Post by Neko7 »

... alternative title " Probably enjoyed a bit more than I should have"

Damn, Ian is clearly falling to the dark side of the Force...
erewhon
Forum Regular

Re: 2008-04-09 knock knock! Who's here?

Post by erewhon »

Nah, he just enjoys his work!!
Nyctanessa
New Poster

Post by Nyctanessa »

"Help me, Meji Hinadori, you're my only hope."
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

So, if Anilis does have any influence over his actions, she apparently doesn't mind splattering a few Elves.

Also, it seems that Ian has lost much of his taste for subtlety (assuming he ever had any).
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Neko7 wrote:... alternative title " Probably enjoyed a bit more than I should have"

By rushing to the rescue of someone he expects to be judicially murdered at any minute? Oh, by converting that Elven guard into a neat, foil-covered package for disposal? Given how his last encounter with Elves in armor went, he could have been a lot nastier.

The key question is whether sane, human Ian/Meji can keep crazed Ian/Anilis from attempting GENOCIDE! on the Elves before the rest of the characters can finish their courtroom scene.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

I somehow don't see Ian going on a genocidal rampage....yet. At least not while Meji's there. He'll probably get her out, come back, then splatter the rest of the elves. He wouldn't want to expose her to anymore danger then necessary. Besides, he has a history of whisking her away without any explanation whatsoever.

I think the council meeting will be mostly uninterrupted. Some guards will be sent out, return with the news, and the courtroom will be descend into chaos.

Either that, or Sarine goes herself. But I think it's unlikely that they'd let her leave.

Also, have we actually determined that Anilis wants to actively destroy the elves? I just find it hard to believe that she/it would want to destroy her/it's own creations, human buggery and half-elf GENOCIDE! or not. I think it's more likely that Ian wants to destroy the elves, and having Anilis inside him (That would be an interesting sensation. She must be huge!) has just removed his self-control.
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

Actually, I think the time spent in the Ensigerum village gave Ian time to learn to control his powers better, and not let the power control him. As for Ian pulping the guard, well, I recall one of Ian's first conversations with Meji where they talk about how the elves hunt down errants, so I'm not surprised. However, that will only exacerbate the fear of the elven majority of errants.

If I were Ian, I'd say mission accomplished and fly back out the way he came. Unless Meji convinces him to help retrieve Jon, in which case things will get ugly.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

DarkIntruder wrote:I think the council meeting will be mostly uninterrupted. Some guards will be sent out, return with the news, and the courtroom will be descend into chaos.

Either that, or Sarine goes herself. But I think it's unlikely that they'd let her leave.

Also, have we actually determined that Anilis wants to actively destroy the elves? I just find it hard to believe that she/it would want to destroy her/it's own creations, human buggery and half-elf GENOCIDE! or not. I think it's more likely that Ian wants to destroy the elves, and having Anilis inside him (That would be an interesting sensation. She must be huge!) has just removed his self-control.
That largely depends on the circumstance under which she went to sleep. It may not have been entirely voluntary.

However and that said, it looks like the scenario that graybeard and I played out may indeed come to pass. They don't have a Meji to return. They are not going to mess with Sarine. Besides, she has backup from the Amrafaels (sp?) and interdicting her is not going to be so easy, especially since they now have this nice big new exit door in their mountain.

Meji might try to get Ian to help Jon and company. But she may not get the chance to tell Ian what's going on. Ian seems like an alligator, all mouth and no ears.

Note: I'm gone to Geneva for the day, behave guys ;)
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Slamlander wrote:Meji might try to get Ian to help Jon and company. But she may not get the chance to tell Ian what's going on. Ian seems like an alligator, all mouth and no ears.
Yes, hopefully she can pull him away from turning elves into blood balloons and yell some sense into him. But I'm not getting my hopes up. It didn't work too well last couple of times...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Neko7 wrote:... alternative title " Probably enjoyed a bit more than I should have"

By rushing to the rescue of someone he expects to be judicially murdered at any minute? Oh, by converting that Elven guard into a neat, foil-covered package for disposal? Given how his last encounter with Elves in armor went, he could have been a lot nastier.
Yeah, this is the thing we tend to forget. Every experience Ian has had with elves so far has tended to confirm his home-grown belief that they're evil and dangerous. Even Sarine, who may be the most restrained and compassionate elf on the planet when it comes to half-elves, was about to pre-empt (from Ian's point of view) when she and Ian crossed paths. This is the insidious thing about prejudice: all it takes is a small dollop of objective fact, and it hardens into rabid, xenophobic marble.
Boss Out of Town wrote:The key question is whether sane, human Ian/Meji can keep crazed Ian/Anilis from attempting GENOCIDE! on the Elves before the rest of the characters can finish their courtroom scene.
Meji? Sane? Wow.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.