Wiki Challenge

Share the love (well, ok, not literally, that might get messy) for Poe's first big outing into the webcomic world.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Wiki Challenge

Post by Imp-Chan »

As you have probably not actually noticed, I recently started a very small, very inexpensive advertising campaign for EN... just to see what would happen.

Well, it turns out that what happened is our slow but steady stream of around 4000 page views a day tripled for most of the last week. This tells me that there are lots of people out there who have either suddenly remembered EN and wanted to revisit it... or who weren't internet junkies when it ran originally and are now discovering a "new" comic. So it seems a shame to me that the wiki should be so, well... barren. I mean, here's this golden opportunity to share the lore and the cool stuff everyone remembers loving about EN, and we're letting it slip through our fingers!

Thus, I am issuing a challenge. True, ES is a LOT longer and deeper than EN. True, the Heretic Monks have had years ahead of the Lab Assistants to get the Vault up to its current gloriously full condition. Still, I'd like to see Jordan's Lab start getting better armed, better organized, and being stocked chock full of disturbing and destructive tidbits sure to melt the minds of new EN visitors.

Who's ready to try it?

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Re: Wiki Challenge

Post by Tiamat »

I've been meaning to for the longest damned time, but then school attacked and I ran out of free time for wiki-ing. as soon as finals are over I'm totally going to start working on it again.

IN THE MEAN TIME

Anyone who wants access to the EN wiki will need to PM either me or Viking because we're the ones with account-creation access.

Well, I suppose Impy has it too, but I don't want to interrupt her management of the store/Poe's life with something as trifling as account creation. If you PM me and join the Lab Assistants group, I can promise to add an account for you within 24 hours (although it's more likely that it'll get done faster than that).

So come one, come all!

[Edit]Oh, also: this should be obvious, but just in case, membership in the Lab Assistants and the Heretical Monks is NOT mutually exclusive. So that's no excuse.
pillar_of_hate
Forum Regular

Post by pillar_of_hate »

Currently the wiki has for a logo a generic looking image that says, "Set $wgLogo to the URL path to your own logo image." I was going to suggest changing it, and maybe even try to come up with something myself, but then it occurred to me that I like it this way. Maybe the font could be a little more "Exploitation Now"-y, but that's all.

Thoughts?
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

Well, I intended to leave it like that unless I was provided with another image to replace it with - I mean, I could replace it with whatever, but I think that kind of thing is Impy's territory. If she gives the okay for changing it though I have my own idea for something I could gimp together and put there - the Nookie faerie.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

The wiki is supposed to be a fan thing, and while I am a fan, I tend to be a little busy with everything that's not a fan thing of late.

In short, change away, it's your wiki.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I had an image for Kawaii to go there... a nicely done up one, too... but we couldn't get the system to behave.

Then, later, I got FTP powers so I could reach into the very core of the Wiki and make it do my bidding... but by then, I'd gotten distracted and lost my image. I shall look for it again.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
drunk
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by drunk »

I'd like to get in and at least play with grammar, spelling, punctuation, and general englishing...

Mainly so things like
which is a quite tragically aspect
Don't end up in the first linked character profile on the wiki.

Also, I had an account on the ES boards a while back, guess it got killed due to inactivity. Followed EN since way back, but was never on the forums then. Realizing that the site got re-done and there's a wiki up inspired me to go dig up my EN books and re-read it in paper form...
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Well, welcome to the boards. I'll see what I can do about making you up an account for the Wiki, because we can certainly use the help.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
drunk
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by drunk »

Sounds good.
I guess send me a PM or some such when there's an account up?
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

I've got it. You should now have an account. I'm going to PM you the specifics, and you can change your password/set your e-mail as needed.