All you zombies... (Photos for 2008)

This board is image enabled, so here's the place to share your purdy pictures. Art, pictures, and the revived 'That Color Thread' all live here.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

All you zombies... (Photos for 2008)

Post by Imp-Chan »

Yes, yes. We all knew a new forum members pictures thread was inevitable with the new forum. I'll start...

This is very blurry, but it is nonetheless a picture of me:

This is my box fort.
Yes, I really did go in and blur out every address label by hand. I take customer privacy quite seriously.

And this is my undaunted efforts at salesmanship resulting in pitching ES to a wookie. Note that he is much, MUCH bigger than I am, and infinitely cooler, and that all the various potential new fans in the dealer's room followed him when he walked past our table, so I was entirely justified in asking him to stop for the picture:

This is the nice man who brought me a cold coffee-type beverage at Dragon*Con 2007. I believe his name was Jeremy, but don't quote me on that. Also, Travis accused me of having happy grateful anime eyes for like an hour after this man rescued me from my caffeine withdrawal.

This is another very nice man, who also happens to be a big fan. I'll leave it up to him whether or not to identify himself, but I just love the pose:

He brought us these to sign. They are homemade copies of Exploitation Now, complete with every sketch and filler, that he made before the first compilation book came out. They are terrible awesome.

This is my close encounter with one Ralph Givememore, taken at Anime Central 2007:

This is Poe's close encounter with a certain tentacled... person.

These are two diehard Exploitation Now fangirls, who insisted on giving us close tentacle encounters of a different sort altogether at Otakon 2007. They were like, fourteen, by the way.

Technically, one of these guys might also count as a tentacle monster. This was taken before I knew who the Doctor was. I especially like how the blowup Dalek appears to be reading Errant Story Volume One. I think Ian and the Daleks might just get along by now...

Speaking of the Doctor, my little sister got a marvelous Christmas present from one of her friends this year, and I promised her that I'd post a picture of her with it. Here she is:
Yes, that IS a tenth doctor cross stitch. It's really creepy how his eyes follow you around the room. Really, REALLY creepy!

As it is totally my duty to embarrass my baby sister most terribly, here is a picture of her in her halloween costume (she dressed as Arachne so that she wouldn't have to put down her knitting all night). In his role as a, well, Viking, Viking-Sensei felt it was his duty to abduct one of our women.

And lastly, here is another picture of our favorite resident viking:

So, now I've shared photos, and you all know what I look like. Let's have the photo sharing of what you all look like, too!

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Weirdonian
Team Captain

Re: All you zombies... (Photos for 2008)

Post by Weirdonian »

Awesome pics! :mrgreen:

And here I am.

And here's me with a standard-issue WIC staff rifle I bought at a heafty price through one of my many off-world contacts... Oh, ok, it's not the real thing, it's a replica I built myself; an artifact from the Universe in my head.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Thought I'd ressurrect this thread and post some pics of my ugly mug, because we all know the forums need to be defaced eventually.

Casting about, the only semi-normal pics I have at the moment are:

My University ID photo

And this one in Toronto (You can just make out the CN tower in the contrast):

Now for some not so normal pics.

Me at the Toronto Renaissance Faire, as a 14th century English Soldier, or as I was popularly known, the "NPC Guard":

Wider view:

Unfortunately, I can't find any of me hanging out with my viking friends.(Yes Sensei, REAL VIKINGS!)

And this is me dressed in my accurate 14th century civilian clothing:

As you can see, I have a thing for dressing in historical clothing.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

SCA or no?

Also, is that last picture Italy-inspired? The headgear reminds me strongly of an Italian painting, though it was from later than the 14th century, I think.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Not SCA. Living history/ reenactment. I have no beef with the SCA types, I just like accuracy a bit more. At present, I'm attempting to assemble a 10th century Norse kit for a Viking group that I'm joining.

That hat is actually a hood. You can wear it as such, or roll the face opening up and stick it on your head to make a floppy hat. The style of hood with the extremely long tail (liripipe) goes back to the mid-14th century. The concept of rolling it into a hat only seems to have appeared at the very end of the 14th century, and extends well into the 15th. Though the style is not limited to Italy (you can see it everywhere in period artwork), they seemed to have a penchant for being ahead of the times when it came to fashion, so it's probable that such a hat would have shown up there before anyone else got a hold of it.