2009-12-02: Not gonna happen!

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
BandMan2K
Errant Scholar

Re: 2009-12-02: Not gonna happen!

Post by BandMan2K »

Labrat wrote:
Itterind wrote:Wow. o_O You have just blown my mind.
Which is fitting as your mind has just blown me.
Pardon, but I think I just came on your ability to do long division. I hope that causes no long term side effects.
What happens when long division gets teen pregnant?
I'm not helping here, am I?
But of course you are, Brother Labby. These kids need to have their minds touched by you, since only through that can they know True Horror.

With that, I leave with the Convocation of the Holy Handjob Trinity from Brother Ezelek:

"It is the body of Kryst, the hand of actor_au, and the penis of labrat."

Chaos Be Upon You All.
For god so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son to draw tentacle raped dickgirls that who so ever shall masturbate to them will not perish but enjoy everlasting orgasm.

-Book of Ghastly 3:16
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

How very...lively.

Well, going back to the last thing that seemed to have any damned thing to do with the comic (rather than any comic thing to do with damnation):
Itterind wrote:It would be fantastic if the elf lived. In general I have supported and still hope the elven race will do well in this story, and believed and still believe that their mission was a good idea.
To what mission could you possibly intend to refer? Because the elves have assigned themselves, several, but I'm pretty sure each one was dramatically conceptually flawed.

Though that thing Nookie said about just living happily ever after was pretty good. If that's what you mean by "their mission", then I agree.
Kill...more...elves.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Dallen Andair wrote:Also: According to the last frame, Sara is armed now, so now she'll be able to kill anyone in their way all the faster.
Yes, that fact escaped me until recently. My powers of observation are conspicuous in their absence lately.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Labrat
Errant Scholar

Post by Labrat »

BandMan2K wrote:But of course you are, Brother Labby. These kids need to have their minds touched by you, since only through that can they know True Horror.
And we all know how much I love to touch children.
Wait. That came out wrong.
Sareth wrote:I'm actually going to rule that this is definitely a case of coitus interuptus prematurus gawdammiticus.
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

ChunLing wrote:How very...lively.

Well, going back to the last thing that seemed to have any damned thing to do with the comic (rather than any comic thing to do with damnation):
Itterind wrote:It would be fantastic if the elf lived. In general I have supported and still hope the elven race will do well in this story, and believed and still believe that their mission was a good idea.
To what mission could you possibly intend to refer? Because the elves have assigned themselves, several, but I'm pretty sure each one was dramatically conceptually flawed.

Though that thing Nookie said about just living happily ever after was pretty good. If that's what you mean by "their mission", then I agree.
The mission to use the power of Senilis to stop Ianilis (regardless of everyone's worries I think Senilis' power is the only thing, short of a divine miracle (how ironic) of some sort that can stop Ian from effectively completing GENOCIDE! (in this class I would include a(n unlikely) collaborative effort without Senilis' power being able (unlikely) to take him down before (unlikely for the Tsuirakuans to care much about the elves being wiped out, or for such a miraculous effort to succeed fast enough) the GENOCIDE!... or any standard divine miracle not of a secular military nature of course), but Nookie's mission is even more awesome!

Oh and I do hate a lot of what the elves are doing and find it okay and even good that the fella is likely to be splattered of course; I just hope he lives if he can be reeducated or kept away from half elves.

Ey yeah! Sara has a saber now! I bet she'll love elven weapons!
cburke
Forum Trainee

Re: 2009-12-02: 12/02/2009

Post by cburke »

Rakshasa Taisab wrote:
cburke wrote:You know, Sara could have used time magic between panels. Either way, she's on top of her game. She only got captured when the elves basically appeared right on top of her and her friends. I knew there was no way that loser elf would be able to get to Meji.
There would have been effects then, unless Poe was being lazy. More likely Sara has been learning from past experiences.
BloodHenge wrote: Anita would be proud.
normalphil wrote:Lose the double-bladed abortion, lose the Michael Dorn impression. Makes sense.
Whoa. With the wisdom to know when to use her magic, and the knowledge that double-bladed spears are stupid and real elven weapons rule, could Sara surpass her teacher? :)
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

I think that the power of Meji (or, really anything other than GENOCIDE!) to give Ian's life some kind of meaning is the more important factor. And Megenilis may not be a step in the right direction. Particularly if the elves (or someone) can convince her to show up and basically say "Guess what? I've been manipulated and weaponized by the elves to fight and kill you in a tragicomic twist of...well, evil elvin plotting."

Not in so many words, of course, but that's pretty much what Ian is likely to think if Meji attacks him. And if she's not going to do that, then the Senilis turbo-charge isn't really going to play any role in their reunion...aside maybe from "Ian, now I truly understand you. Let me join you on your quest to create a more perfect (and generally elf-free) world." Which, given that Meji has yet to root for the survival of any particular given elf in any situation--including those in which her own chances of survival depended significantly on Sarine not losing a fight, is not entirely impossible.

I think that Sarine (and the other less insane characters generally) had a good perspective. Let sleeping gods lie...er, hibernate in their magic capsules.

I think that the best the elves can hope for out of this is that wiping out the remnants of the elves is low enough on Meji's priority list for her to enlist Ian's aid in some distraction...oh right, she doesn't actually need Ian's help for anything now. Except maybe ensuring his own survival of his upcoming campaign as a necromantic overlord.

I think Sarine's idea of getting someone to talk to Ian wasn't too bad. Anita tried it, and despite the fact that Ian pretty much thinks she's a hag full of $#!7, it's working out well for her. Meji would have gotten an A by now if not for the 'inspired' intervention of her would be mother-in-law. I'm not going to claim that diplomacy is the answer to every possible conflict...but like Sun-tzu says, it's worth a shot, and it costs less than losing a war. Also, from what I've learned about treating the mentally ill, having extra voices shouting that you're crazy (and should be killed) is not particularly helpful. Not that I'm saying Ian is anything other than perfectly sane and emotionally stable.

It's just what I think.
Kill...more...elves.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Her would be mother-in-law? Who, Ian's suicidal mother?

I don't think "exterminating the elves" is even *on* Meji's priority list, let alone low on it. She didn't grow up with elf-hatred, in fact she wondered about her father. Disillusioned now, but still the whole war is kind of abstract. And she did express concern that Ian's "yay GENOCIDE!" was a bit much.

Problem with talking to Ian is that (a) he doesn't actually listen to Meji (b) he doesn't listen to anyone else for more than about five minutes anymore and (c) I have no idea what one would say. His cause and concerns are somewhat legitimately grounded, and while it might be nice to negotiate a truce, I'm not sure how one would convince him it was worth the bother.

Best hope of a peaceful resolution might be if the combined divine and demi-godly powers could fix the half-elves so they don't produce errants, which could get the elves to lay off (plus divine command, maybe), after which Ian doesn't need to protect them through pre-emptive warfare.

Alternately, big magical show down, elves die in the crossfire, Tsuiraku gets knocked out by magical waves, rocks fall, everyone dies.

I'm not sure where else the story can go.
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

Anita's up shit creek.

I don't know exactly how Meji will stop Ian. It may not involve her attacking him, but she's tried to stop him before to no avail, though there were mitigating circumstances.
At any rate what I do know is that Meji needs Senilis' power to stop him, either through the fusion of the gods being attracted to each other, him having to actually listen to her or actual combat.
And she will stop him.

The elves have to be humbled, the Errants probably can't be fixed, and Ian will end somehow.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

I think that just the fact that Meji's still alive might help. The demi-deification might not help so much, particularly when Meji admits that this is indeed the result of more elf 'magic'. Or it could inspire a rush of protective concern and common bonding. Even so, Meji really has never expressed much overt concern for the continued existence of elves so much as for her own concerns. She might not suddenly be in the mood to condemn Ian for his elvicidal behavior.

But Ian generally turns to killing the elves as a "nothing left to lose" past-time (despite the fact that he does have things left to lose). The simple fact that the elves didn't kill Meji when they had the chance (and that he therefore did not actually abandon her to death) might go a long way towards helping Ian to set some more productive, long-term goals (that don't end with suicide one way or another).

Whichever creek Anita has discovered, it's one she chose herself. Currently that creek looks a lot like "Ian wipes out most the elves and dies in the process (or commits suicide), leaving their final bastion full of magical weapons and other goodies open for the looting." Not the creek a less...Imperatrixical person might have chosen, but certainly not something she objected to at any point. There was a bad moment when Ian was going to force her to use the Ensigerium as shock troops, but she finessed that with what might well have been honest truth. I bet Ian is planning to take Anita with him, but she may be ideologically committed enough to regard that as an acceptable price for Ensigerium possession of the super-secret ancient magical city. Or she may be plotting how to sucker him at the last moment.

Hey, just resorting to diplomacy doesn't mean someone is a good person or will use diplomacy for non-evil objectives. But where Ianilis is concerned, it is a more viable strategy than anything else that's been tried.
Kill...more...elves.