2009-12-02: Not gonna happen!

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
marina_altee
New Poster

Missing something

Post by marina_altee »

Did Meji just prove her thesis or not? What more does she have to do to earn her "A", and ... who is going to be left around to witness it? Apparently her professor was savvy enough to tell her she did not get an extension on her project for the explosions, and her kidnapping... so will he instinctively know she succeeded in being possessed by a "god" and acquiring his powers?

Hrm...

The romantic in me is hoping for an Ian-Meji "make peace not war" power meld love-in that leads to a glow of healing energy that miraculously ends the war and fixes the errant problem... but yeah that's a little too 15-year-old crazed Japanese fan girl even for me >.<... but I am eagerly anticipating the next bit!

--Catninja =^.^=
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Re: Missing something

Post by Forrest »

marina_altee wrote:The romantic in me is hoping for an Ian-Meji "make peace not war" power meld love-in that leads to a glow of healing energy that miraculously ends the war and fixes the errant problem... but yeah that's a little too 15-year-old crazed Japanese fan girl even for me >.<... but I am eagerly anticipating the next bit!
You know, it occurs to me now, according to the Lorenzel Excavations texts, the gods were sleeping away waiting to return to their homeworld. Could be a plausible way to end the story... Ianilis and Semeji work out their shit enough to stop blowing things up and then by their powers combined return to Captain the gods' home Pplanet.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Forrest wrote:
marina_altee wrote:The romantic in me is hoping for an Ian-Meji "make peace not war" power meld love-in that leads to a glow of healing energy that miraculously ends the war and fixes the errant problem... but yeah that's a little too 15-year-old crazed Japanese fan girl even for me >.<... but I am eagerly anticipating the next bit!
You know, it occurs to me now, according to the Lorenzel Excavations texts, the gods were sleeping away waiting to return to their homeworld. Could be a plausible way to end the story... Ianilis and Semeji work out their shit enough to stop blowing things up and then by their powers combined return to Captain the gods' home Pplanet.
I dunno, if Captain Planet were to show up here, it would radically change the mood for the worse. But the air and water would be cleaner.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Re: 2009-12-02: Not gonna happen!

Post by ChunLing »

Well...I don't know about that. Doesn't Captain Planet only fight industrial pollution? I don't ever recall him fighting "lack of adequate community sewer system" or "Magical radiation which causes snarky familiars" type villains. Okay, I don't recall Captain Planet at all, maybe he was all about upgrading primitive sanitation and regulating magic energy use. But it doesn't seem likely.
Kill...more...elves.
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Nell »

Forrest wrote: You know, it occurs to me now, according to the Lorenzel Excavations texts, the gods were sleeping away waiting to return to their homeworld. Could be a plausible way to end the story... Ianilis and Semeji work out their shit enough to stop blowing things up and then by their powers combined return to Captain the gods' home Pplanet.
In my humble, unsolicited opinion Mejilis has a nicer ring to to it... matches Ianilis at least.

As for Meji's project...it's probably the last thing in her thoughts right now... plus, the Tsuirakuan army is supposedly heading their way now. Who would care about a school's faculty while/after dealing with the country's military forces?

For all we know Sarine may be gone already... enough time has passed.
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Yeah...they probably left her sufficiently well-guarded that she would have trouble escaping without a little help, but she seemed pretty cool with the "leave me here and escape on your own" idea. Of course, that might have only been in comparison with the possibility of Yenalilis. Which...I can't say I don't agree. "The choice is Certain Death or Certain Death after witnessing the Ass-ention, eh?"
Kill...more...elves.
msletner

Post by msletner »

thanks for sharing!