2010-08-19: Chapter Forty Six Commentary

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Re: 2010-08-19: Chapter Forty Six Commentary

Post by Slamlander »

Nell wrote:On a srs note, I was refering to this http://www.errantstory.com/2003-08-29/139 and how the three ol' people were one big ol person at some point
Thanks, I had forgotten that ;)
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

DatDude wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:Huh . . . good commentary on the new Doctor, anyway. :ugeek:
I thought matsts smith is a good doctor very approachable.
I think Smith is doing a fine job with what he's being given. It's just that much of what he's been given is pretty shallow characterization. They are starting to give him more of that old/young thing, which I like, but a lot of what we've seen from Eleven so far has been zero personal investment in the stakes of what he's doing, and zero explanation for the investment that he does have. It seems like a lot of "Welp, this sounds like it'd be cool, let's do that," instead of "I care about doing things this way (implied reason why that could be totally wrong later but at least it's something to connect to as a member of the audience)." I prefer my Doctors to have both hijinks AND substance. I think they'll get there, but they haven't done it yet.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Flintlock
Forum Regular

Post by Flintlock »

Imp-Chan wrote:
DatDude wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:Huh . . . good commentary on the new Doctor, anyway. :ugeek:
I thought matsts smith is a good doctor very approachable.
I think Smith is doing a fine job with what he's being given. It's just that much of what he's been given is pretty shallow characterization. They are starting to give him more of that old/young thing, which I like, but a lot of what we've seen from Eleven so far has been zero personal investment in the stakes of what he's doing, and zero explanation for the investment that he does have. It seems like a lot of "Welp, this sounds like it'd be cool, let's do that," instead of "I care about doing things this way (implied reason why that could be totally wrong later but at least it's something to connect to as a member of the audience)." I prefer my Doctors to have both hijinks AND substance. I think they'll get there, but they haven't done it yet.

^-^'
As a brit and therefore someone who has seen the new series I just gotta say...that I know whether they do or not, but I ain't gonna say. :twisted:

*goes back to lurking*
"Space is big. Really big." - Douglas Adams
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin
Twitter @: kaitou_

Post by kaitou »

Flintlock wrote: As a brit and therefore someone who has seen the new series I just gotta say...that I know whether they do or not, but I ain't gonna say. :twisted:
"Nasty little Flintlocks. We should bans him." :twisted:
Flintlock wrote: *goes back to lurking*
One thing worse than a lurker is a lurking admin. :mrgreen: