That Typos Thread

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

That Typos Thread

Post by Pillaroforder »

Imp-Chan wrote:
Since it was a good suggestion, we now have a special thread/contest for the typo listing folks.

Here are the rules:

1) First post wins, even if they miss an error. There's only allowed to be one post per update, and only one page per post.

2) List errors by page, panel, speech bubble. For example:

20060703, Panel One, Meji's First Speech Bubble: "where ever town" should be "wherever this town"

3) List errors in order (from the top of the page to the bottom, and from left to right).

4) The competition allows for only a single post per comic page. If you see five errors on a page, but somebody already posted a single one, do not post in the forum anymore. Just go <a href="http://www.errantstory.com/wiki/index.p ... d">here</a> and enter the typos that were missing.

Whoever gets the most posts here by the time we get to the editing process for the next book will receive a free, autographed copy of the book, and a bonus prize. The next two runners up will also receive free copies of the book. ONLY FORUM POSTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AS VALID ENTRIES, SO PLEASE DO NOT E-MAIL YOUR ENTRY!

Good Luck!

^-^'
20070820, panel 2, priest's first bubble, "happen" -> "happened"
Last edited by Pillaroforder on August 22nd, 2007, 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
gambit3le
Forum Regular

Re: That Typos Thread

Post by gambit3le »

Pillaroforder wrote:20070820, panel 2, priest's first bubble, "happen" -> "happened"
Seriously now, Poe has been doing that since EN... do you really think he's going to change any time soon?
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

I didn't get an official memo on that and I don't know if you count on the matter, but frequent occurrence doesn't yet make it right.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Testing, testing . . . "Bleach would only have a six-episode second season if you took out all the blowhard and strutting."
normalphil
Heretical Monk

Re:

Post by normalphil »

Pillaroforder wrote:I didn't get an official memo on that and I don't know if you count on the matter, but frequent occurrence doesn't yet make it right.
I'm actually starting to wonder if it's on purpose. Gives Sarine a distinctive speech-pattern, that's for sure.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

20070829, panel 3, Jeramel's third bubble, "ether" -> "either"
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I have granted this post the power of 'Sticky' so that it might stay atop and not get lost if we experience another period of Typoless Comics.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

20070912, panel 5, Bani's dad's second bubble, "ether" -> "either"
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

20070914, panel 3, Bani's dad's second bubble, "I'll sure" -> "I'm sure"
Killjoy
Forum Regular

Post by Killjoy »

070921 -- there's a speech bubble in the third panel (right-hand side of the pair midway down) that seems like it should be pointed to Meji instead of Ellis. "And I'd be satisfied just seeing him, y'know?"