That Typos Thread

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Re: That Typos Thread

Post by mindstalk »

2008-12-19, panel 4: "to secrets away" I'm not what's right there but that isn't to. "to secret away" is more grammatical but sounds odd. "to spirit away" seems better.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

mindstalk wrote:2008-12-19, panel 4: "to secrets away" I'm not what's right there but that isn't to. "to secret away" is more grammatical but sounds odd. "to spirit away" seems better.
I think "to secrete away" was what was intended (in a somewhat archaic use of "secrete" albeit one recognized in e.g. Wiktionary), although "to spirit away" looks best to me.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Graybeard wrote:
mindstalk wrote:2008-12-19, panel 4: "to secrets away" I'm not what's right there but that isn't to. "to secret away" is more grammatical but sounds odd. "to spirit away" seems better.
I think "to secrete away" was what was intended (in a somewhat archaic use of "secrete" albeit one recognized in e.g. Wiktionary), although "to spirit away" looks best to me.
FWIW "to secret" (as in the "hide" or "steal" sense of "secrete") made perfect sense to me on first reading. I figured at one point the sentence was "Elven ambassador secrets away illegitimate daughter", and was meant to be changed to "Elven ambassador returns to secret away illegitimate daughter", but the past-tense form didn't get completely changed to the infinitive form, leaving the odd phrasing "to secrets" in there.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Key
New Poster

Post by Key »

2008-12-24

Panel 3, Meji: What's already there could be passed off as spoken syntax, but "...when I told you I met a guy while on my trip?" might be better, grammatically.
Panel 3, Ellis: "That'd be more your mom's speed." Anticipatory context; Ellis would be pretty sure about Meji's mom, but it wouldn't hurt to allow some uncertainty in his statement.
Panel 4: Councilman Hinadori: "Do you expect us to believe this story..."
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"The general does has a point" should be "The general does have a point." Panel 4.

Hope the holidays treated you two well!
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin
Twitter @: kaitou_

Post by kaitou »

Jan 5 - first panel, missing preposition:
"The more credible accounts state that the bulk of the damage done to Emerylon was caused by the admittedly ..."
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

2009-01-16: last bubble: "what happen" should be "what happened"
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

2009-01-23, panel 1, Sarine's second speech bubble: "when we met first you"->"when we first met you"

EDIT: Fixed. The post has been restored to its former glory. ;)
Last edited by Pillaroforder on January 28th, 2009, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Oh, ****. I screwed up. I meant to quote Pillar's last find, to simplify writing the new one for yesterday's minor typo. Instead, in a gross misuse of my admin-fu powers resulting from a bad mouse click, I edited it. Can anybody remember what the 1/23 one was about?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

2009-01-18: when we met first you

Also, the page announcement thinks it is 2008.