2013-01-16: [CT] Kitty Melee Weapon

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-01-16: [CT] Kitty Melee Weapon

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Kitty Melee Weapon
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: 2013-01-16: [CT] Kitty Melee Weapon

Post by Graybeard »

Poe wrote:But it doesn’t change the fact that the skipped panel thing is just really, really stupid.
Honestly, I have to agree. I thought this was one of the weakest installments in the entire history of Errant Story. It felt like the Poe that was metamorphosing before our eyes into a serious artist and author had suddenly regressed to the sixteen-year-old version of himself. Fortunately, it didn't last. (Hey, I'm a lot older than Poe is, and I regress to acting like a sixteen-year-old sometimes...)

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
5Cats
Forum Regular

Post by 5Cats »

idk, since you're playing that whole scene "for laffs" it's OK to sneak something that silly into it too.
How many panels of Meji swinging her pussy around does one need to see? Leaving some to the imagination is fine now and then.

It's true that the joke was cheap, but hey! This ain't Shakespeare. And even Willy made a lot of cheap jokes...

I am glad it's the only instance of such a thing though, it does break the mood & pace of the story.
gambit3le
Forum Regular

Post by gambit3le »

Actually as a fan of fourth wall busting jokes, I loved this entire scene. It reminded me that sometimes seeing less is more. It was more fun for me to imagine the gratuitous violence in the missing scene and the groan the one guard is giving in the last panel sells it for me. It also gives a bit of character development to Meji; she's not afraid to wade into battle with a blunt object when magic means fail. The fact that Ellis is that blunt object is just icing on the cake.