2013-03-26: [CT]Sunday School Rejects

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-03-26: [CT]Sunday School Rejects

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT]Sunday School Rejects
hkmaly
Forum Regular

Re: 2013-03-26: [CT]Sunday School Rejects

Post by hkmaly »

Which CHARACTER? Ok ... Sarine? No, she's elf and she actually helped saving someone. Jon? Not unless they see him marrying Sarine as some sort of saving her soul. So it must be Sara.
Disciple of Sakura
Forum Trainee

Post by Disciple of Sakura »

It's Ellis, isn't it? Ellis died for your sins!
5Cats
Forum Regular

Post by 5Cats »

Disciple of Sakura wrote:It's Ellis, isn't it? Ellis died for your sins!
I second the "Ellis" vote. After all, he looked like a little person towards the end, eh?
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Anita. She bravely led a human army into the Elf lands to oppose the Errant menace and avenge Luminosita.
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

YES! We must IMMEDIATELY start the CHURCH OF ELLIS!! And bow to the Lord of Snark!
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Post by Bytemite »

I always got this vibe from this page that Jon kinda does believe it, or is mildly agnostic and would like to believe it, or in the very least is nostalgic towards some of the priests from his childhood - the ones who weren't pedophiles anyway.

Kind of a cross between a shrug and "all this magic/divine bullshit is over my head anyway so I'm not even going to bother, inexplicable stuff keeps happening, maybe it's true, maybe it isn't." And when Luminosita gets blown up he has the same attitude towards the elf-gods.

As for who's the Luminosita Jesus in a few centuries, tricky one. It's apparently someone we know, but I don't really see any of the key characters being their messiah. Jon married an elf, Sarine's an elf, their daughter is a half-elf and therefore an example of the seductive elf devils tainting humanity, Ellis is a forbidden Tsuirakushitti-magic hellspawn (though it's a funny idea), and Anita was the leader of elf-trained magic-using assassins hired by a church who kind of disapproves of any magic that isn't "derived" from Luminosita (or so they say). Probably also not Sara for similar reasons to Anita. Also I get the feeling that the Church of Luminosita is kind of into patriarchy, so I don't see them really putting forward a divine FEMALE Jesus figure. Though I do like the propaganda spin that was suggested for Anita.

I'm going to go with Chris, because it's ironic, because he clearly never really learned any "non-luminosita" magic, and because he managed to punch one of the terrible two.
Last edited by Bytemite on March 26th, 2013, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

Disciple of Sakura wrote:It's Ellis, isn't it? Ellis died for your sins!
Blessed be, oh great felin's One!

Furless among the furries, he who became to be by IT power, came to die for our sin by IT (other) power!

Oh! Bothers and Sisters let us all pray the great furless furry!!
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

Now that the edited version is up, I have to ask: is the change of font in the new part, to reflect that Jon is recalling the priests teaching?
Or is it the font that gonna be use in the new section?

EDIT: Oky! :)
Nice job with that last page :)
Last edited by Neko7 on March 27th, 2013, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

It's the "Old Timey Read Aloud/Storytime" font. Meji also uses it when she's reading from the book in Chapter 1.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.