Page Numbers?

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...

Page numbers?

No need.
No votes
They'd be handy, when they fit.
100%
OR ELSE!
No votes

Total votes: 4

Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Page Numbers?

Post by Imp-Chan »

I did a thing that I should have done sooner, and changed the book proportions so that the later pages would need less editing. However, that means that our old page numbering system (which I was never all that happy with anyways) doesn't work anymore. SO... now you guys get to give me input on what you want in the books.

Option 1) No page numbers. There weren't any to start with, and you don't want me to add any now.
Option 2) Some page numbers. If there's a clear spot to put a page number you want one, but if there isn't that page shouldn't get one.
Option 3) Page numbers. You want those numbers.

Please let me know what you'd like to see. I've been trying various approaches for adding them in, but I haven't found any one style I like, and I need to know if I should keep trying.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Re: Page Numbers?

Post by Alberich »

The bigger the volume, the handier the page numbers are - I found them especially useful in the one-volume edition of Bone.
erejnion
Forum Trainee

Re: Page Numbers?

Post by erejnion »

Something unobtrusive's nice to have, as it gives you some sense of progress/time/etc when reading, and it's easier to conduct arguments over the web after reading. But I wouldn't care too much about adding page numbers; heck, even something like the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is okay (a page number every ten or so pages on average). And there the translation notes were pushed to the back of the volume, thus making page numbers much more useful...