2013-04-26: [CT]Quest Seeds

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-04-26: [CT]Quest Seeds

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT]Quest Seeds
eee
Errant Scholar

Re: 2013-04-23: [CT]Quest Seeds

Post by eee »

It's pretty arrogant for a reader to defend an author's own plotting and character to him; but hey, I've got a few minutes... :D

I imagine Ian's thought processes went something like this.

"My sister is dying. I've got to do something, no matter how small the chance of success. Nothing we have in Santuariel can help her. Nor can any of the spells Maxwel taught me. The Elves might have magic that could work; but from the stories I've been told approaching them is death for any half-Elf. Someday I may meet an Elf and find out if they're really vicious, arrogant, hate filled monsters of enormous power. That will determine how I'll treat Elves from then on. But back to the subject. If the humans had anything that could help, Leah and Riley would have gone after it to help Leah. So all I've got is this fairy tale what's-her-name told me about this book that might point to some place of extraordinary power. If I might be anachronistic, this whole thing sounds like the McGuffin in a bad AD&D campaign; but if it's ALL I've got I better go with it. And fast: Evelyn doesn't have much time left..."

It was a desperation move. That's how it struck me, a simple reader. And I imagine, despite his lack of demonstration and incredulity, Ian is STUNNED the book actually exists and seems to be exactly what the story said it was. :o
erejnion
Forum Trainee

Re: 2013-04-23: [CT]Quest Seeds

Post by erejnion »

In other words, it actually falls rather nicely under willing suspension of disbelief.