2013-05-03: [CT] Assumptions

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-05-03: [CT] Assumptions

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Assumptions
eee
Errant Scholar

Re: 2013-05-03: [CT] Assumptions

Post by eee »

I never thought of Ian as crazy evil. Crazy, yes: But mainly really, really determined to help people, and too sunk in his grief, hatreds, and errors to realize how wrongly he was going about it... :(
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Meji's fine in the first panel. It's the second and third ones in which her chin has disappeared. Which Ian seems to find really attractive, like a blushing yaoi protagonist.
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Post by Bytemite »

She's just giving him the puppy eyes in panel one, furthering the not so secret "has a thing for Ian" agenda she has at the moment.

Well, or maybe she's genuinely sad-face about the conversation she had with Ian, but this is the scary little devil girl we're talking about here. She's pretty much a straight-up sociopath before she gets her character development.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

eee wrote:I never thought of Ian as crazy evil. Crazy, yes: But mainly really, really determined to help people, and too sunk in his grief, hatreds, and errors to realize how wrongly he was going about it... :(
...to which I would add, genuinely corrupted by power, more that than "crazy." In fact, I'd delete the "crazy" completely.
hkmaly
Forum Regular

Post by hkmaly »

eee wrote:I never thought of Ian as crazy evil. Crazy, yes: But mainly really, really determined to help people, and too sunk in his grief, hatreds, and errors to realize how wrongly he was going about it... :(
Hey, he's not doing AS bad job ... unless you consider elves people too :).