2013-08-22: [CT] Go Back to Bed

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-08-22: [CT] Go Back to Bed

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Go Back to Bed
5Cats
Forum Regular

Re: 2013-08-22: [CT] Go Back to Bed

Post by 5Cats »

Or those HIDEOUS "Clown Paintings"... *shudder*

Or... or...:

IIEEEE!

NOOOOO!

Teh HORROR! Teh HORROR!
(Trust me? I've actually seen worse!)
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

Actually, Sara with eyes the size of pie plates, while not anatomically correct, might not be inappropriate now. She's lost her father; now she's losing her brother; soon she's going to lose her mother and wind up being dragooned into a secret organization that will train her to be a killer and where I don't recall her being shown any affection. All things considered it's pretty impressive Sara turned out as well as she did. And understandable that it takes years before she can smile again. :cry:
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

Sara isn't THAT bad in the last panel. She's awfully young in this flashback and with her mother screaming at Jon it makes sense that she would have such a look on her face. I think it makes a good point that she's the one getting hurt in this situation.
5Cats wrote:Or those HIDEOUS "Clown Paintings"... *shudder*
Or... or...:
Mutants and aliens! Ahhh! :o
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Actually, I'm having a hard time making the ages work right with the Amraphels. This was supposedly "ten years ago." That would have made Jon 17 or 18 at the time, which fits his description fairly well, but then how old is Sara? I thought it was established that she was 21 at story time, which would have made her 10 or 11 when this was happening. But that's pretty old to have the puppy-dog eyes of the last panel, and it also seems inconsistent with the way she looked as she was being taken off to the orphanage.

I'd say more like twelve years ago for this flashback rather than ten; that would move Sara's age and appearance closer to consistency, and having Jon a couple of years younger for the flashback wouldn't matter much.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

It was ten years ago. That fits the timeline... Sara was sent to the orphanage about a year after this scene. She's actually nine or ten in the scene here, and she's twelve when she joins the Ensigerum. She was only six when her father died. Honestly, she doesn't look as old as 20 at all, so probably she was slow to develop and then of course her aging is all over the place now because of the time magic.

Jon is about 28 at the time of Errant Story, and 18 at the time of this scene. In this scene, he has not yet joined the Gewehr Wraiths, that won't happen until about four years later. Yes, that does mean he joined the Wraiths AFTER Sara joined the Ensigerum.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Post by Bytemite »

She looks fine considering the style of the comic and how young she is. That's about the size most manga artists draw eyes.