2013-08-27: [CT] Elf Trouble

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2004-04-21: Elf Trouble

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Elf Trouble
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-08-27: [CT] Elf Trouble

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Elf Trouble
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: 2013-08-27: [CT] Elf Trouble

Post by Imp-Chan »

There now. I did that exactly backwards.

-_-'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Elessar
Forum Regular

Post by Elessar »

I must have missed something about folklore (even the second time through the story). I always took this exchange to be flippant -- "Them scary? Nah, I shot it full of lead." When did they mention elves are immune to bullets?
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

I don't know. If it had been me, I would have made it clear to Jon I didn't intend to kill him before lowering my hood. Of course Sarine does OK as is; but there was always the risk he MIGHT have been a bit faster than she was. On the other hand, Sarine has apparently been more physically competent than almost anyone she's met for so long, she may not even think of those possibilities anymore.

Also, I'd have double-checked to make sure Jon's hands were both above the table. They both are, but having seen the original Star Wars (Han shot first), that's something I'd want to be completely clear on before sitting down. :D
zz1000zz
New Poster

Post by zz1000zz »

I always assumed some ignorant humans had tried to shoot some elves before, hit magical shields, and chalked it up to an "elf thing." That, or Jon wasn't referring to folklore which said elves are immune to bullets. It could have just been that folklore says elves are really good at magic, and thus, they'd be able to protect themselves from things like bullets. Maybe people conflated ones like we see later in the story, who do block bullets, with all elves.

In that case, the folklore would just be, "Elves are amazing," and Jon found out that isn't necessarily true.