2013-10-22: [CT] Cat Food

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-10-22: [CT] Cat Food

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Cat Food
5Cats
Forum Regular

Re: 2013-10-22: [CT] Cat Food

Post by 5Cats »

Given that 'familiars' and other magical creatures were common, and usually owned by rich people, you'd think it'd be OK for Ellis to be there. He can talk! He's not 'just a pet'.

'I'm sorry, Mr. Wealthy Guy, but your party of 11 cannot dine here because your daughter has an octopus on her head'

Just can't picture this happening. More likely:

'And will the octopus require a separate chair mademoiselle? Or will he sit on your head this evening?' ;)
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

In Tsuiraku, sure. In Farrel, when both Jon and Sarine are trying to keep a low profile just by their natures? Less likely.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Post by Bytemite »

Also, if I remember right, Meji "threw an obfuscation spell on Ellis so that primitive screwheads would think 'that cat was just talking and can fly, but cats can't do either, so I must have been imagining things.'" Or some manner of wording like that.

So the manager really would think it's just a cat. A particularly ANNOYING cat, but probably wouldn't remember WHY the cat was annoying.
anarcher
Space Tentaclemonster

Post by anarcher »

5Cats wrote:Given that 'familiars' and other magical creatures were common, and usually owned by rich people, you'd think it'd be OK for Ellis to be there. He can talk! He's not 'just a pet'.

'I'm sorry, Mr. Wealthy Guy, but your party of 11 cannot dine here because your daughter has an octopus on her head'

Just can't picture this happening. More likely:

'And will the octopus require a separate chair mademoiselle? Or will he sit on your head this evening?' ;)
The "octopus" will have your finest catgirl maid. And a bottle of your cheapest booze.