2008-03-03 "So, how's Meji doing?" "Uh..."

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Sam Pagan
New Poster

Re: 2008-03-03 "So, how's Meji doing?" "Uh..."

Post by Sam Pagan »

I like the switching between languages. Unintentional or are they trying to confuse the potential uninvited listeners?
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

mindstalk wrote:Hopefully an elven ranger would have a better grasp of magical laundry.
Assuming Elves sweat.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Sam Pagan wrote:I like the switching between languages. Unintentional or are they trying to confuse the potential uninvited listeners?

I would assume that it's because Jon can't speak elven.

BloodHenge wrote:
mindstalk wrote:Hopefully an elven ranger would have a better grasp of magical laundry.
Assuming Elves sweat.
Didn't you know? Elf sweat actually cleans garments and makes them smell wonderful at the same time. It's like a cross between Febreze and fucking Chanel No. 5.
Shteven
Forum Regular

Post by Shteven »

<apologies for being mostly off-topic>

Well, since you asked...Belts have two purposes; style and functional. Functionally they keep your pants from falling down, and style is style - something about creating a division between your upper and lower halves. Now, no offense to those who are...generously proportioned...but my waist is fairly thin, so I don't need a belt to hold my pants up. Really, pants work pretty well by themselves for nearly everyone. So I see it as unnecessary, yet required because it's part of the style and you simply have to wear one.

For the record, I am wearing one now, and it even matches the color of my shoes. I am cheating in that they are sneakers and not dress shoes, but they're black and I get away with it. I don't mind dressing up, and it does look good/boost self-esteem etc, but shoes that don't quite fit right are not going to fly. If I had a better pair of dress shoes, maybe.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

DarkIntruder wrote: Didn't you know? Elf sweat actually cleans garments and makes them smell wonderful at the same time. It's like a cross between Febreze and fucking Chanel No. 5.
Great, so now if I meet some hot Elf woman I'm going to be allergic to her. :roll: As long as we're on fashion preferences, I wear both a belt and suspenders. I also hate ties with a passion. ;)
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2008-03-03 All Praise High Civilization and Society

Post by davester65 »

Pillaroforder wrote: Also Misa probably got Sara a 'parade' uniform, while she has an 'every day' robe on.
I remember from some of the early (chapter 10 or so?) installments that the Ensigerium "field" uniforms look a lot alike from between 2000 years ago and now. So, I'd second the idea of it being a dress type uniform that Misa got for Sara.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: 2008-03-03 All Praise High Civilization and Society

Post by Imp-Chan »

Sorry about the late update... Poe entered the wrong date last night for the comic, and had to fix it this morning, instead.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

I hate belts. I still wear one because I have giant hips and a very high waist, so the only way to keep my pants up without looking hideous is to actually wear them on my hips, which the belt helps to anchor.

That's right. I have the gravity-defying pants that sortof hover a few inches under my belly button. Except when I try to run in them too much, and they start to fall off.

-_-'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

I love belts. I love the way they feel. I'm damn skinny, so my pants are loose, unless I buy them really small, which is also uncomfortable.

My belts are usually covered up though, either by a sweater, sweatshirt, other generic over thing, or by a t-shirt. At the moment, the belt I'm wearing is black and white with little skulls all over it. Emo, I know, but I like it.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

I have to wear belts a lot because I lost about twenty pounds when I got my job at UPS, so I own a lot of pants that are way too big.