2008-04-02 You are out of the loop Nisotta

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
pillar_of_hate
Forum Regular

Re: 2008-04-02 You are out of the loop Nisotta

Post by pillar_of_hate »

Quick Q, what's with "Dammit" in one panel, and "damn it" in another?
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

davester65 wrote:
BandMan2K wrote: Panel 4 - This makes me wonder just what kind of "enhanced interrogation" methods do Elves have available?
What else but the DREADED HONEYED PUNISHMENT VIRGINS. :D

http://www.errantstory.com/comic.php?date=2008-02-11

Alas, it was all in Jon's head.

I bet a lot of people would be willing to donate a bit of cash to actually see that, if in fact the Honeyed Punishment Virgins were used in Meji's interrogation. ;)
mattz1010
Forum Regular

Post by mattz1010 »

Is it bad that I don't understand why a face I don't recognize whispers "Dammit Sarine, you didn't..."?

I think I just may have to go back from the start and actually *remember* what's going on this time.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

mattz1010 wrote:Is it bad that I don't understand why a face I don't recognize whispers "Dammit Sarine, you didn't..."?

I think I just may have to go back from the start and actually *remember* what's going on this time.
Most of us are guessing it's Sarine's Mom, whom Sarine refers to as her "relative".
vega-coyote
New Poster

Post by vega-coyote »

mattz1010 wrote:Is it bad that I don't understand why a face I don't recognize whispers "Dammit Sarine, you didn't..."?
General consensus seems to be that that's Sarine's mother. Although she's only specifically said that one or more of her "relations" are at this meeting, it seems unlikely to me to be someone else, as the foreshadowing has been nudging us in the direction of Sarine's Mom (of DOOOM) for a while.

I don't know why, but it seems somehow appropriate that Sarine's mom looks younger than Sarine.
normalphil
Heretical Monk

Post by normalphil »

So Sarine turned states evidence and Barin got picked up when he showed up, I think. Since as we've noticed, Sara got her dolon back- it has to be that, she had to have hung around to reclaim it.

Which is definately an OMG. That's not burning a bridge, that's finding out the other guy's channel frequency and calling in the air strike, volunteering your services as Forward Observer.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

pillar_of_hate wrote:Quick Q, what's with "Dammit" in one panel, and "damn it" in another?
Poe-tic license.
vega-coyote wrote:I don't know why, but it seems somehow appropriate that Sarine's mom looks younger than Sarine.
I was thinking the same thing. One almost begins to wonder if the elves really are immortal. Does going out and doing stuff in the non-magical outside world eventually wear them down?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Talancir
Errant Scholar

Post by Talancir »

Poor, poor Peregin Barin... a political prisoner all because the Elves want to detain the councilman's granddaughter.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Tiamat wrote:
Slamlander wrote:PS: The odds that the guard Jon shot still being alive are now looking better.
Why did his living odds improve? You would think they'd have mentioned he was a captive too, unless A) T-ville decided not to mention it (I suppose as a bargaining chip if things get rough) or B) T-ville decided not to mention he's dead, because that would be upsetting. With all the current chaos, who's gonna miss him right away?
Because, if he had died then Jon would not have made it out of Tsuirakushiti that fast. Tsuiraku would not have mentioned him because he is not an officer, counting him with Barin.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Or it may be that, in addition to the official government holding their official prisoner, the Hinadori clan also has their own private personal prisoner that, while not as valuable as the official one, will still be useful.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?