2008-04-02 You are out of the loop Nisotta

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: 2008-04-02 You are out of the loop Nisotta

Post by Sareth »

DarkIntruder wrote:
davester65 wrote:
BandMan2K wrote: Panel 4 - This makes me wonder just what kind of "enhanced interrogation" methods do Elves have available?
What else but the DREADED HONEYED PUNISHMENT VIRGINS. :D

http://www.errantstory.com/comic.php?date=2008-02-11

Alas, it was all in Jon's head.

I bet a lot of people would be willing to donate a bit of cash to actually see that, if in fact the Honeyed Punishment Virgins were used in Meji's interrogation. ;)
Gasp! You've realized my greatest fantasies!

Also, Sarine's mom has got it going on.

And finally, Sarine is about to REALLY upset some people. No one like being told they're not really the actual government, nor do the people in the shadow background like being seen. I highly doubt it, but I'm almost tempted to predict that Jon's "impotent" non-magical gun and Sara's very magical backside are about to save Sarine's life from a pissed off elf on a grassy knoll.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Viking-Sensei wrote:Or it may be that, in addition to the official government holding their official prisoner, the Hinadori clan also has their own private personal prisoner that, while not as valuable as the official one, will still be useful.

Miyo has her own personal wounded Elven soldier to play with? Oh noes! It's like the Castle Anthrax all over again.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Really, though, what are the odds on there being any actual virgins in that Elvish city? Sara and Meji may be the only possibilities.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

DarkIntruder wrote:
Viking-Sensei wrote:Or it may be that, in addition to the official government holding their official prisoner, the Hinadori clan also has their own private personal prisoner that, while not as valuable as the official one, will still be useful.

Miyo has her own personal wounded Elven soldier to play with? Oh noes! It's like the Castle Anthrax all over again.
Hah! That's what I was thinking. Not Castle Anthrax, but Miyo having a new pet. Dreaded Honeyed Punishment Um-Not-Virgin. I wonder if Tsuiraku is advanced enough to tempt an elf into turning house gigolo. "At home, I'm a grunt. Here, I'm a celebrity. And 'busy'."

As for Meji ("Slut-chan") being a virgin, her professor didn't think so.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Boss Out of Town wrote:Really, though, what are the odds on there being any actual virgins in that Elvish city? Sara and Meji may be the only possibilities.
Meji? Not according to the graffiti on the Sashi Mu men's room walls...
Mord
Forum Regular

Post by Mord »

Boss Out of Town wrote:Really, though, what are the odds on there being any actual virgins in that Elvish city? Sara and Meji may be the only possibilities.
The beginning of chapter 23 would suggest that Sara and Warrel may have been sleeping together.
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

Post by RubberBandMan »

Which, as I said at the time, kinda creepy. Sara has points for being warm and real, but a real-life doll at least changes expression if you make it.

I think Warrel was just insane.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

I think Warrel was an arrogant moron who got what was coming to him. And also an abuser of his power, but that's beside the point.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Graybeard wrote:
pillar_of_hate wrote:Quick Q, what's with "Dammit" in one panel, and "damn it" in another?
Poe-tic license.
vega-coyote wrote:I don't know why, but it seems somehow appropriate that Sarine's mom looks younger than Sarine.
I was thinking the same thing. One almost begins to wonder if the elves really are immortal. Does going out and doing stuff in the non-magical outside world eventually wear them down?
I think that isn't so much age as it is gravitas. Sarine carries and expresses herself like someone who knows how serious a place the world is. Her mother just hangs out in the city looking beautiful. Like Miyo, but with actual dignity.
Makenshi
New Poster

Post by Makenshi »

BloodHenge wrote:
Meji? Not according to the graffiti on the Sashi Mu men's room walls...
Hmmm, I could have sworn Ellis has made numerous references to Meiji being a virgin, although that might just be me confusing it for when he was taunting her for being "the only one on this trip not getting any".