2008-09-05 "...Or do you just go in the suit?"

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: 20008-09-05 "...Or do you just go in the suit?"

Post by Sareth »

RubberBandMan wrote:Well, its good to see that John has been spending his time productivly. Odds that Sara is cornered by a 6 foot-4 inch fangirl?
God knows I'd be amused by that. Course I also collect Yuri...

As said, it is doubtful that Sara is off pulling anything bad news worthy like an assassination. But I also doubt she's just wandering around. If I were one of the elves I'd be cautious about letting a human wander the place freely after a couple thousand years of isolation. God only knows what they could get up to.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Sara's here working for Sarine and if Sarine told her to just hang out and stay out of trouble, she's probably doing just that.

Sarine, Jon, and Sara's mission? Kill Ian, find Senilis, or both, in whichever order.

Chances that Meji will stay home and mind her school work? Minimal.

If she does go home, Grandpapa and the Tsairaku Department of Magical Defence are going to ask a lot of questions and want a lot of clear, precise answers with a minimum of whining and sulking. Everyone felt the Ian-quake.

If nothing else, she hasn't finished her homework assignment.
Last edited by Boss Out of Town on September 6th, 2008, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
pillar_of_hate
Forum Regular

Post by pillar_of_hate »

RubberBandMan wrote:Odds that Sara is cornered by a 6 foot-4 inch fangirl?
A better question is, what are the odds Sara and said fangirl both swing that way? We know Sara kind of idolizes Anita, she decided to tag along with Sarine after fighting with her, and she always tries to kill the masculine-looking armored elf warriors as soon as she comes across them.

I think there's some kind of hoplo-sexual lesbian thing going on here, and I hope to see it given the two or three chapters of graphic detail it richly deserves.
Maiazuru
Forum Regular

Post by Maiazuru »

Heh, Meji might start to listen to smarter people -which seems to represent at least Jon and Sarine, perhaps Sara- when they tell her something. This whole mess started because she DIDN'T listen to Sarine.

Personally, I don't get why Sarine and Jon want to protect Meji so much. She's been a bother since the first moment and her help has been minimal to nonexistent. Actually, she's so far been far more trouble than she's worth.
Talancir
Errant Scholar

Post by Talancir »

hmm. well I think we can pretty much anticipate Sarine taking Meji back by way of Senilis' crypt. and didn't Meji have a spare month left before she flunked?

looks like there might be hope to get a passing grade after all!
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Graybeard wrote:
Initial B wrote:What are the odds that Sara is secretly assassinating somebody, say... Rarune? Maybe she's pulling a double-cross to frame Sarine.
In the Poe-verse, it's a bad idea to give odds on anything. But why would she do that? She has no particular incentive either to hit Rarune or to frame Sarine -- quite the contrary, Sarine is her ticket out of there. Sara can't be dumb enough to think she can fight her way out. OTOH, I could very easily see Sara having disappeared from the crash pad to go conduct reconnaissance. When Sarine left, there had to be real uncertainty among Jon, Meji and Sara as to whether she'd be coming back. Stealthily finding an escape route, so that she doesn't have to fight her way out, wouldn't be a bad idea under those circumstances.
She, personally, wouldn't have to fight her way out. If worse came to worst, she could just run, and nobody would be able to catch her. Now, if she were worried about getting Jon out alive, then she might need to fight or sneak.
Maiazuru wrote:Personally, I don't get why Sarine and Jon want to protect Meji so much. She's been a bother since the first moment and her help has been minimal to nonexistent. Actually, she's so far been far more trouble than she's worth.
Displaced filial emotions. Sarine lost a daughter, and until recently, Jon was missing a sister.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

pillar_of_hate wrote:I think there's some kind of hoplo-sexual lesbian thing going on here, and I hope to see it given the two or three chapters of graphic detail it richly deserves.
I agree completely. I think this whole thing needs three full chapters, uncensored and in full color. :D
I'm sure it'll start with some friendly sparring, which will inevitably lead to a lingerie pillow fight. Then maybe the hot tub. . . 8-)
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

davester65 wrote:
pillar_of_hate wrote:I think there's some kind of hoplo-sexual lesbian thing going on here, and I hope to see it given the two or three chapters of graphic detail it richly deserves.
I agree completely. I think this whole thing needs three full chapters, uncensored and in full color. :D
I'm sure it'll start with some friendly sparring, which will inevitably lead to a lingerie pillow fight. Then maybe the hot tub. . . 8-)
There's a market for this, I think...
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Not to interrupt the awesome elven/time-monk lesbian fantasies (mmm sex in bullet time), but am I the only one who imagined Jon replying "I know not; am I my sister's keeper?"

I also smell the reason for Sara being on the cover of this chapter coming up. Keep in mind that she can basically teleport (not literally, but effectively) to anywhere not physically obstructed within the distance that she can run while maintaining her time magic. At least, that's the impression I get by Poe's repeated usage of "now you see 'em, now you don't" frame pairs to show an Ensigerum monk departing. So if there are any open doors or windows in this apartment they're in, Sara could have just said "I need to use the little girls' room", wandered down the hall, and vanished to wherever she feels like going, without anybody noticing.
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

Post by RubberBandMan »

She has had trouble getting some 'alone' time with Sarine and Jon around. Could be anywhere from on the roof to wandering around the empty elf city. She hasn't so far shown an interest in learning things, but that doesn't mean there isn't an urge to,for someone as tight-lipped as Sara is.