2008-09-15 - "Oh Anilis, I am worthless!"

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

2008-09-15 - "Oh Anilis, I am worthless!"

Post by Forrest »

Poor Misa :_( <3 [[hugs]]

(maybe this could finally pull Sara out of her shell... and segue to hot hot lesbian sex?)
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2008-09-15 - "Oh Anilis, I am worthless!"

Post by davester65 »

Forrest wrote:Poor Misa :_( <3 [[hugs]]

(maybe this could finally pull Sara out of her shell... and segue to hot hot lesbian sex?)
Yeah, I'm sure Sara knows some nice abdominal massage techniques. :D Then it's off to the hot tub!! :P

It's interesting that Misa see's her failure as being from cowardice. Maybe Sara can give her a good pep talk before they get to the hot oil massage. :D
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

Hmm, that crack to the solar plexus seems to have unvieled some sort of previously hidden emotional baggage. This could make for some interesting backstory. Cowardice? Where did that come from?
GWhite
New Poster

Post by GWhite »

Just a guess but Sarine may have kept Misa out of some previous conflict and she has secretly felt like a coward ever since.
vega-coyote
New Poster

Post by vega-coyote »

eeh... I sense some cringe-worthy unintentional arrogance about to come out of that elf...

"... but I couldn't even beat you, puny human!" :(
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Looks like that thousand years of training didn't do her much good. Oh, well.
Kerostasis
Forum Trainee

Post by Kerostasis »

Oh wow, she's going into crybaby mode. My best guess is that Misa just missed the tail-end of the errant war (likely being held back by the vets for being too young, but possibly she just wasn't born in time), and always wanted to think that had she been there, she could have proven that she was just as useful as all the other elves in killing errants. Possibly she's even been taunted about that since, being held in lower status because she never got to join an errant-killing battalion. And this was going to be a way to prove at least to herself that all her tormenters were wrong, and she would have been an awesome fighter.

And then she gets her ass kicked by a mere human, and completely breaks down. :twisted:

Granted, this particular human is way above the curve, but Misa doesn't necessarily know that. Misa has probably never been to a non-elven city, so for all she knows, ALL human mages can do what Sara just did.
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

Post by RubberBandMan »

Also remember: She is likely the only one in hundreds of miles who has not either been in a war, or directed a war, or almost get nuked by someone fighting a war. Every elf there most likely has had years of running around warzones, either being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or actively fighting it.

It must be easy for them all to look down on her for not knowing what life if really like. Which is most likely true for her, but it must be hard to deal with over a thousand years of that kind of thing.

Its amazing to see, but Misa is one of the most childish characters we've seen. Meji is just self-centered and immature, which will prolly stay with her for another few decades, even when she should of grown out of it, and she has mostly understood the kind of things going on around her and not freaked out. (Like Ian going crazy and killing Elves, how likely she was to get killed in her sleep by either Sarine or Jon or some other elves, and so on)

I think the chain of command for all the main characters is...

Sarine
Jon
Sara
Meji
Misa.

Which would suck for Misa. Sarine/Jon and Meji/Misa are most likely alot closer to each other, but while Sarine is on the top because she can decide what should be done, she is on equal footing with Jon when it comes to how it should be done.

Sara has a little experience, and most likely isn't as loose a cannon as we've seen recently, and without a doubt isn't stupid as much as working off faulting information basis (Like say, Time Magic trumps all, killing people is the most effective way to deal with anyone causing a problem). Sara would be great at following a plan, if anyone ever bothered to give her one, I would think.

Meji gets over Misa not for her Magic or combat, but mostly because she's smart enough to get the hell out of dodge. Every confrontation she's been in goes in two steps, if the first one doesn't work she switches to the 2ed one.
1. Nuke em.
2. Run away before they nuke you.

I doubt Misa would have the good sense to bail when her plan A fails. Granted, she is unlikely to take orders from Meji, but who knows. They might get along if they talk face-to-face.

Ian I left out, cause lets face it: That guys fucking crazy and listens to no one. Sure, if he hears a good plan that he likes, he'll follow it until he get distracted by something shiny. He just can't keep still since he's gotten those god powers.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

GWhite wrote:Just a guess but Sarine may have kept Misa out of some previous conflict and she has secretly felt like a coward ever since.

Misa probably wanted to volunteer to become a peregrin like Sarine and Sarna back a few centuries ago. Maybe Sarine talked her out of trying or she got turned down and blames herself for not trying harder to get into the program. Or maybe at the time she was too scared to try.

If Sara is sympathetic, she might try to talk Sarine and Jon into letting Misa tag along for the trip back to Tsuiraku-shiti. Misa would then be Sara's new best friend.
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

Post by RubberBandMan »

Considering how bossy Sarine is, and that Jon is her brother, and Ellis pointed out how Meji and Sara weren't super best friends...

Misa IS Sara's new best friend. Which is almost mildly scary. I'm seeing a Jay and Silent bob dynamic forming between them, if they partner up outside the city.