2008-09-15 - "Oh Anilis, I am worthless!"

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Re: 2008-09-15 - "Oh Anilis, I am worthless!"

Post by Forrest »

davester65 wrote:Maybe Sara can give her a good pep talk before they get to the hot oil massage. :D
Sara: "Now now, you're not worthless."
Misa: "Oh yeah!? [whine mope etc] What do I have going for me!?"
Sara: "Well... you fill out that shirt real nice, for an elf..."
Misa: <3 <3 <3
Dazed
Forum Regular

Post by Dazed »

First post, Delurking etc etc etc.

Anyway, my first thought when Misa mentioned cowardice was, "Hmm, I wonder where she was when Ian was going Tetsuo on the city?" She's always seemed fairly aggressive, jumping Sarine, wanting to go out and become a ranger, trying to spar with Sara etc. I wonder if she might have panicked and ran/hid at her first encounter with real combat and death (Ian stalking the streets and popping heads off,) and is now desparately trying to prove to herself that she's not just her race's baby.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Forrest wrote: Sara: "Well... you fill out that shirt real nice, for an elf..."
Misa: <3 <3 <3
Sara: "Yeah, most other Chinese buffet hostesses don't look half as good as you do in that kind of top."
Misa: "I'm a viriador, not a waitress!! <WWAAAAAAAAHH> :cry: :cry:

Sorry, that's what that top Misa's wearing reminds me of. ;)
Ged
Errant Scholar

Post by Ged »

"Are you okay?"
*snerk*
You just hit her with all your bodyweight while moving faster than the eye can follow I'm amazed she can even speak.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Ged wrote:"Are you okay?"
*snerk*
You just hit her with all your bodyweight while moving faster than the eye can follow I'm amazed she can even speak.
All that training would have left her fit, at least.

...Very, very fit...

Yeah, I'm going to have to submit my vote for the hot tub here, too. Please?
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

davester65 wrote:Sara: "Yeah, most other Chinese buffet hostesses don't look half as good as you do in that kind of top."
I wouldn't mind a nippnibble on that hostess' cupcakes...

(yes in fact I really did accidentally type "nipple", it was just too precious a slip to correct it entirely)
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

Post by RubberBandMan »

I didn't mention it before, but during the "So awesome" strip, I was thinking she was a wee bit over-dressed for a sparring match.

Granted, that only helps my theory of "Sparring = Deniable First date". Granted, that may be a 'junk; shirt, but the Bracelet and earings? Somehow I doubt that is standard combat wear for the elves that have been in 'kill em dead' fights.

Edit: Something about the last panel struck me as something we've seen before, and after some archive trawling, I found what it reminded me of.

This older comic has very similar stances and positions of one Elf who is in a cryingly bad mood, and one stone cold killer who's last name is Amraphel. Going to show you, that if you want something bad enough, you can find supporting evidence anywhere. Hell, they even have the same general shots. Panel of Elf on her hands and knees, shot of the crying face, then the outline shot. Then a few quite beat panels, then hot elf sex. Still, don't see Misa going for that, and highly doubt she'll try and brain-fuck Sara if something does happen.

Plus, if Misa tried to do a grapple with Sara, she'd be likely to be thrown into a wall. Sara is likely to have been caught offguard by the 'wounded foe' trick before.
icekatze
Forum Regular

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

I thought this page was probably one of the most powerful in the whole comic, right up there with:
2002-11-13
2003-07-02
2007-03-02
2007-06-25

At least I can certainly relate to how someone must feel to essentially be the proverbial black sheep, the youngest sibling that can never do anything right. I certainly hope they bring her along, because I can think of a few much worse alternatives, like her trying to go out and find the ensigerum in a misguided attempt to learn from them.
Kian
Forum Regular

Post by Kian »

I don't think the "I'd have been fine" bit has to do with Sara being human, but with her being Ensigerum (you know, the thing she went fangirl over). Back in the war, there were three factions. Elves, humans and half elves. The humans were all ensigerum, as they were the only ones with any training worth a damn. She's had a few years to more or less gauge her ability against other elves, and the fact that she's treated like a child kind of tells you how that's working out for her. Half-elves are "kill on sight", and she's not allowed away much it seems, so that's a no go. And the ensigerum were supposedly gone.

My interpretation is that she was about old enough to join the war near the end (don't recall exactly how long ago it was in the story), but didn't join because she chose not to. She may have had her reasons, but it may have been eating at her that she felt (or perhaps someone made mention of it, or it is a commonly held belief in the city that those who didn't join the war) it was because she was afraid of being killed. It must be pretty evident that she's at the lower rungs in the elven forces (and Sarine's easy smackdown of her in her surprise 'attack' would have been a mean that clear), but if she could defeat an ensigerum then she could tell herself that "she would have been fine" in the war, could have taken them, so she wouldn't have had a reason to be afraid, so that couldn't possibly be the reason she didn't fight.
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

Kian wrote: My interpretation is that she was about old enough to join the war near the end (don't recall exactly how long ago it was in the story), but didn't join because she chose not to. She may have had her reasons, but it may have been eating at her that she felt (or perhaps someone made mention of it, or it is a commonly held belief in the city that those who didn't join the war) it was because she was afraid of being killed. It must be pretty evident that she's at the lower rungs in the elven forces (and Sarine's easy smackdown of her in her surprise 'attack' would have been a mean that clear), but if she could defeat an ensigerum then she could tell herself that "she would have been fine" in the war, could have taken them, so she wouldn't have had a reason to be afraid, so that couldn't possibly be the reason she didn't fight.
Errr Human weren't "just Ensigerum" most human weren't and still fighted (mage, ext...)

Plus Misa is about 1500 years old
( http://www.errantstory.com/wiki/index.php/Misa )

and the errant war ended about 1700 years ago
( http://www.errantstory.com/wiki/index.php/Errant_War )
- The war started 2000 years, or so, ago.
- It lasted for 300 years.
- Elven isolation lasted for 1500 years.
- Isolation ended 200 years ago, at the same time Tsuiraku was revealed.
So Misa was born 200 years after the end of the war.