2009-05-15 Doing what comes naturally to her...

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
badtux
Forum Trainee

Re: 2009-05-15 Doing what comes naturally to her...

Post by badtux »

Yes indeed, Meji has proven that when she's motivated for any reason she's quite capable of mastering any given spell in impressively short time. Anybody who believes Meji lacks competence in anything she has ever been motivated to do hasn't been reading the comic for long. Her problem earlier was immaturity -- which the events of the past weeks appears to have resolved somewhat, thus perhaps why we're seeing her now in well-coifed mage chick gear rather than her previous scruffy look -- not incompetence.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

badtux wrote:Indeedy, Meji has in the past been quite competent at fwoosh boom flash, invisibility spells, and other things of that sort. She just gets bored easily and thus hasn't bothered mastering many spells that are more... tame.
I wasn't under the impression that Meji had failed to master such spells by the time the comic is taking place, merely that she had generally chosen not to use them.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
badtux
Forum Trainee

Post by badtux »

Well, you'd know better than I ;). Indeed, the whole immaturity thing might explain why she hadn't chosen to use the less, well, spectacular spells. I mean, what could be cooler for someone with the emotional maturity of an average 12-14 year old than whooshing spectacular lighting bolts and fireballs around?! I know that the middle school kids that I taught in that age range woulda loved that kinda stuff.

But anyhow, there should never have been any question about her whoosh bang boom competence, she decidedly has proven in the past that she's quite capable at whoosh bang boom thank you very much :lol: . Edited: Even Ellis admits Meji is good at whoosh boom bang. And Ellis isn't one to hand out the compliments when he could snark an insult instead :).
mediocrates
Forum Regular

Post by mediocrates »

It just occurred to me that Rainae is wearing the exact same kind of armor that Sarine has been wearing since she ditched her old human made armor, right down to the number of segments on the front. Standard elven leather armor for light infantry perhaps?
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

mindstalk wrote:Apart from hygiene, invisibility, and polymorph or at least "alter self" (doesn't work well on half-elves, but). And Scan, Translation, Obfuscate...
http://www.errantstory.com/wiki/index.php/Meji_Hinadori
She's just a misunderstood flower that hasn't had the opportunity to bloom yet.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Looks to me like she's blooming all over that elf's ass right now...
badtux
Forum Trainee

Post by badtux »

Heh. Yeah, "delicate little flower" and "Meji" in the same sentence leads to a :o moment. Somehow two terms that I don't expect to see together when refering to Jon's "scary little devil girl" :lol: .
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Sareth wrote:Looks to me like she's blooming all over that elf's ass right now...

... and every other part of his anatomy that she can Fwoosh. :P
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
RobertMontrose
Forum Trainee

Post by RobertMontrose »

Sareth wrote:Woot! It's about time that titless little bit of loli kicked some ASS! I've always been fond of her, it's nice to see her putting some serious WhoopAss sauce on some roast reject.
Eh, her body type doesn't fit with true loli. Not only that, but she's too cynical and non-innocent to really fit the bill. She's closer to the classic, teenage shounen MC like Naruto or, in a more recent if post-dated example, Ryūko Matoi.
Because badass action girl is as badass action girl does.