2009-05-15 Doing what comes naturally to her...

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
No One
Errant Scholar

Re: 2009-05-15 Doing what comes naturally to her...

Post by No One »

Burny. :mrgreen:

But yeah, I'm surprised she's going that small-scale. I mean, she's got lightning spells that fried those "cops" far earlier in the comic, earth spells that smash people with rocks, big explosion spells, etc., I'd figure she'd be going for something more immediate here. Forget lighting him on fire, incinerate him from the inside out in the space of two seconds. Or blow him to tiny fleshy chunks that rain bloody scraps of skin and organs down over the battlefield.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Re: 2009-05-15 Did I just see a Fwoosh?

Post by Slamlander »

Imp-Chan wrote:
Slamlander wrote:Did I just see a Fwoosh?

Shades of LFG! But then I always figured her for a Richard wannabe ;)
You know, I never did make it more than a few pages into that comic. It was just so blatant that it put me off... hard to do, considering how Errant Story starts.

-_-'
Yeah, I understand. It is pretty violent and Richard is completely psychotic. However, he does have redeeming qualities.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
proudhon
Forum Trainee

Post by proudhon »

Who is the elf Meji is zapping?
If she's with the others we have a hostage situation
I hope Meji knows how to pull that off
if not we who is she....
She didn't look in "uniform"
jd
runic
Errant Scholar

Post by runic »

nice use of the magic flashbang
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Mejiis frying an elf. Ian would be so proud. :mrgreen:
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Maybe she's exercising restraint as part of some plan? "Don't kill them. If we just show we have the power to hurt them, but chose to let them go, maybe they won't hunt us till the end of our days. ... Why are you looking at me like that? It's possible..."
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Hmmm . . . looks like classic indirect action to me. No magical defence stops a flashbang. Now, the high speed follow up continues . . .
  • . . . The disguised polymorphed familiar makes the bad guys think the human's fled in a panic.
    . . . Meji does an attack that stuns the pursuing scout, then slaps him around, burning him.
    . . . The Elves under-react to the threat, which is hurting only one team member but not attacking the whole team.
    . . . while the Elves are under-reacting Jon's drawing a bead on that mage with a rifle.
    . . . when the mage takes a bullet in the head Sara's suddenly free.
    . . . Sara time-fugues and slices whoever is least likely to have a static anti-fugue defence.
    . . . The surviving Elves are suddenly outnumbered, out of position, and out of luck.
If that's it, I'd take Jon or Poe in my party, anytime.

I'm currently working on something similar. Our seven man 16th level team hit an ambush set by two reinforced hunting parties specifically recruited by the dark powers to take us down. Man for man, they've got about 5 levels on us, three times the spells, much better weapons and armor, and half of them have magic res.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

AdamZero wrote:Meji... competent?.... What comic am I reading again?
Since when has Meji shown great incompetence at anything besides doing her homework? Her initial goal was to get to the book in Emerylon, which she did just fine, despite an unexpected Dispel Trap. Muggers? Dead. Cops who came with Jon? Unconscious or dead. Only hitch was the GIANT PLOT COINCIDENCE of another half-elf having gotten to the book at almost *exactly* the same time. Of course, we could choose to attribute that to the Deus Ex Machina spell she cast, in which case more competence. Since then she's been mostly dragged along, but she hasn't been bad at anything. Didn't get laid by Ian yet but hasn't had that much time or opportunity. "My father has come here specifically to kidnap me" wouldn't be in normal planning.
badtux
Forum Trainee

Post by badtux »

Indeedy, Meji has in the past been quite competent at fwoosh boom flash, invisibility spells, and other things of that sort. She just gets bored easily and thus hasn't bothered mastering many spells that are more... tame.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

badtux wrote:Indeedy, Meji has in the past been quite competent at fwoosh boom flash, invisibility spells, and other things of that sort. She just gets bored easily and thus hasn't bothered mastering many spells that are more... tame.
Apart from hygiene, invisibility, and polymorph or at least "alter self" (doesn't work well on half-elves, but). And Scan, Translation, Obfuscate...
http://www.errantstory.com/wiki/index.php/Meji_Hinadori