Exploitation Now Site Update Redux

Share the love (well, ok, not literally, that might get messy) for Poe's first big outing into the webcomic world.
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin
Twitter @: kaitou_

Exploitation Now Site Update Redux

Post by kaitou »

For those of you who haven't noticed it (and I'm surprised Impy hasn't said something already), the Exploitation Now site got yet another facelift, this time by yours truly with lots of prodding, artwork and suggestions from Impy. Included is a prequel to the series, Deadpool vs. Sailor Moon, found under the Extras link. Check it all out here.

As usual, compliments and adulation go to Impy, complaints go to me.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: Exploitation Now Site Update Redux

Post by Imp-Chan »

Impy didn't say anything before now because it hadn't finished switching over yet when she left to visit her mom. Will do the whole grand announcement thing after I have a chance to eat, as I haven't yet today.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
RegalSin
New Poster

Post by RegalSin »

kaitou wrote: As usual, compliments and adulation go to Impy, complaints go to me.
(( yarn ))....Change it back.

Preserving the website is far better then turning into some kind of out a box, construct.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

RegalSin wrote:
kaitou wrote: As usual, compliments and adulation go to Impy, complaints go to me.
(( yarn ))....Change it back.

Preserving the website is far better then turning into some kind of out a box, construct.
The website hasn't been preserved since 2005 when Poe left Keenspot, and even if it had been so preserved you would not be able to read the comic any more because none of the old code would still work. However, most of the current site was at least inspired by that original site. The title, for example, matches the one from the original site exactly. The rest of the header is inspired by the art from the Happy List of Buttons You Should Click for Poe's Personal Benefit (though when there is time, it will become much more interesting because the rest of the cast will be added). The color scheme is ripped directly from the old site. The layout is based on the old site.

However, the site itself is essentially dead, and it's not coming back. There's no new comics, and we haven't had anything of note to post there in a while (though that will change this coming year). It's being maintained online as a courtesy to those who still want to read the comic, but that's all. Given that, switching to a system that allows us to easily go back and add back the old bonus content like the Deadpool vs Sailor Moon comics so that people can actually see them again is far more productive than wasting time and money maintaining a site no one could use.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Interestingly enough, the last state the site was in was the WALRUS-powered version built by yours truly, so is hasn't been the same as the one you're longing for for years now.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?