New Custom Ranks

Rules, announcements, suggestions, elections, and all the other fun things that make our forums tick.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

New Custom Ranks

Post by Viking-Sensei »

In part of our growing effort to "break in" the board and make it feel a little more comfy for our users, I have started giving those with over 500 posts their own "Custom" Rank names*. Originally you had to hold a position of some sort (Admin, Heretical Monk/Jordan's Lab Assistant, Owner) in order to get one of these, but the idea here is to showcase those members of the board who have raised the bar... and subsequently their post counts... as an example of what hard work and too much free time can lead to.

This isn't a contest to see who can get to 500 posts first - we're looking for real substantial posts with meat and depth to them. If you don't want to do it the "hard" way, Custom Ranks can also be earned in special giveaways, as prizes for some of the upcoming games in the Games forum, and occasionally distributed at random to people who do awesome things, like fan art, fan fiction, promotion, cosplay, or are just generally... well... awesome.

So... speaking of "special giveaways"... the next 3 people who reply to this (and who don't already have their own Custom Rank) get a Custom Rank. Call it a "Who Actually Reads the Announcement Posts?" Contest. Just tell me what you want (but do try and keep it brief) and I'll hook you up.

*(PS - if you are one of the Over 500s and don't like my randomly created Custom Rank, just PM me with something appropriate and I'll change it)
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: New Custom Ranks

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Y hello thar!

Happy to see the board managers are offering stuff like this to the members. Erm... could I have one that says 'Storyteller' plz?
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord

Post by Viking-Sensei »

How about we class it up a little and go with "Teller of Tales". (If you don't like it, I can always change it back)

That's one - two more lucky winners get their very own custom titles without having to actually work for them. Nobody else?
Hours
Unit of Time

Post by Hours »

I think you'll have to abandon the 500 rule if the forum starts to pick up with a lot of members, it can wind up with an awful lot of bookkeeping.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Well, it's 3 years old as of August, and we've got less than 20 people who've elevated to 500 posts or higher. I may raise the bar eventually, but for right now 500 is a reasonable benchmark to show me that you've got what it takes to wear your own special mantle. Also, once I get this going, I'm going to bank on people contacting me one they hit 500 (instead of the other way around) to request a custom title.

Speaking of which... you're Number 2, you know. Name your Title.
Hours
Unit of Time

Post by Hours »

Good point, future problems are for the future. Possibly the far future.

Title... "Unit of Time"?
ComradeHavok
Free Under My Black Flag

Post by ComradeHavok »

Can I be "Free Under My Black Flag"?

If that's too long, I'll settle for "Prince Of Space"
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Done and done.

Hours, you were this close (holds fingers barely apart) to me 'accidentally' calling you a Eunuch of Time, however I realized that even though they sound alike they're not spelled even remotely similar and therefore there was no way to make it look like an accident. So I erred on the side of mercy.

Havok - both yours were awesome. I gave you your first choice, however since I like the "Prince of Space" one so much and I hate to see it go to waste, I'm going to do this - next non-titled person to post here becomes the Prince of Space. Whether they want to or not. So... who is our Prince of Space, anyway?
Hours
Unit of Time

Post by Hours »

Thank you for mercifully sparing my unit.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Hours wrote:Thank you for mercifully sparing my unit.
Impy's birthday was a while back. It was time for something new in the header. Unfortunately, that wound up being your unit.