Thoughts on the post template

Rules, announcements, suggestions, elections, and all the other fun things that make our forums tick.
Intrope
Heretical Monk

Thoughts on the post template

Post by Intrope »

I like the new format! but, I was wondering: would it be possible to get the right-hand-side of posts to be two columns? having it as one means that one-liner posts take up about 3-4 inches vertically (if you've got an avatar and such).

Also, on Post A New Topic, could the Save button and Submit button be switched? I've already hit Save (a draft) instead of Submit three times now, and this is only my 4th post!

Thanks!
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Re: Thoughts on the post template

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I'm sure Impy will be happy to look into this, however since this is fairly universal formatting for the new phpBB line, you may just have to adapt. This is the new SubSilver, the standard issue formatting, and all phpBB3 installs will probably have something akin to this at some point or another.

I do know that we potentially have a super-secret skin mod coming in the next bit that should, with any luck, rox your soxorz. (I know, I designed it)
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Intrope
Heretical Monk

Post by Intrope »

Now you've got me all curious! This skin's pretty nice actually; just forced tall by the right-hand stuff. I probably wouldn't have noticed except for the (temporary) lack of avatars on most posts, which made the 'gap' stick out a bit more than it otherwise would have.

Thanks!
Stick & String
Forum Regular

Post by Stick & String »

Just wondering about the image tags. So far all I get is a message saying the img code is not active.Do you have to have xx posts, or is it just a setting to turn on that I have yet to find? Something to be yet activated? You know just some more prying questions... :D
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

I think it's another of the little things that goes active for paid users... we just don't have a system for that yet.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Stick & String
Forum Regular

Post by Stick & String »

Ok, no problem. Just like the old 'rome not being built in a day' thing.
Spoiler: show
Watching for changes/updates, and playing with coding functions on the template. I like it!
Ok enough of that. Keep on, and have a better one!
finalcarrot
Forum Regular

Post by finalcarrot »

So, would that img tag be applicable to all forums, including the ones where you are supposed to show off your artwork? Or just to ones outside of that?