2011-10-28: Hospital Update - Please Read

Rules, announcements, suggestions, elections, and all the other fun things that make our forums tick.
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2011-10-28: Hospital Update - Please Read

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Hospital Update - Please Read
Nusa
New Poster

Re: 2011-10-28: Hospital Update - Please Read

Post by Nusa »

The donation meter hasn't changed in ages -- something's broken (some script if it's automatic, or Impy if it's manual).

Donating does seem the best way to help...love and prayers are needed, but everything else can be obtained with money!
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I have summoned the helper monkey to see if he can figure it out. Has anyone donated recently? Did that work?
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
CptNerd
Forum Regular
Twitter @: CptNerd

Post by CptNerd »

I donated $25 on October 18th but I don't think the donation bar changed. Check whatever you can for a transaction on that date.
GWhite
New Poster

Post by GWhite »

I hope that everything takes a turn for the better.
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

my thoughts go out to you both.
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
BDM05
One Post Wonder

Post by BDM05 »

Start talking to Paypal and working on alternate ways to get that money out ASAP.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I'm pretty sure Poe still has access to the money, I just don't know how to make the Donation Bar "go". I know it's gotten stuck in the past, I'm just not sure what Impy did to unstick it. Kaitou is looking into it to see what we can do.

In the meantime, I've asked Poe to try to make up a new Donation wallpaper. I was thinking that we might be able to break out of the confines of the Errant Story based wallpapers and experiment with something new... who would like to see a DNPWWO wallpaper? Or how about something with a mixed representation of the casts, like EN, ES, and DNPWWO characters interacting with each other?
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

That mixed-cast idea sounds excellent to me.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Post by Bytemite »

Eek. But she's improving, at least the pneumonia is better.

It almost sounds to me like she might have developed an acute infection from the initial surgery in addition to the hematoma - plus pneumonia, bunch of infections hitting at once and kind of overwhelming the immune system, and since it's already in a hyperactive state, it responds to the medicines like an allergy. Meanwhile her liver just got hammered by it all.

Kidneys also having to over compensate with loss of function from the liver, but unless toxicity is getting to them, they shouldn't really be damaged so that should be temporary. And it might be a good sign that a clot around the liver was able to form in the first place, and is now doing okay and getting smaller, because when the liver is in acute failure, it can't produce the proteins to do that anymore, and the liver is actually where most of them come from.