Wiki upgrade starts!

Rules, announcements, suggestions, elections, and all the other fun things that make our forums tick.
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin
Twitter @: kaitou_

Wiki upgrade starts!

Post by kaitou »

I'll be starting the chain of wiki upgrades starting Saturday, Sep 20 (yep, that's tomorrow) with the Exploitation Now wiki and, if all goes well, moving on to the Errant Story wiki on Sunday.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Re: Wiki upgrade starts!

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I think it's only fitting that the EN wiki gets bent over and... er... serviced first before we try this on ES.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin

Post by kaitou »

Fortunately, I just restocked on lubricant to make things go smoothly. :mrgreen:

EN is now ready for testing/crashing/fixing/retesting/... (you get the picture).
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

Played around with edits in various areas and new user creation. Everything seems to be working on the surface - no unexplained crashes, common formatting doesn't go nuts, can create new users and log in as aforementioned users, etc. Detailed testing and such may require someone elses hand - I know next to nothing about the intricacies of wiki software.
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin

Post by kaitou »

Guess I didn't break anything. I'll go ahead and inflict it on the ES wiki tomorrow as scheduled.

I guess I could go ahead and do the next upgrade to EN right after I do ES, just to speed things along. OK with you, Tiamat?
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

kaitou wrote:Guess I didn't break anything. I'll go ahead and inflict it on the ES wiki tomorrow as scheduled.

I guess I could go ahead and do the next upgrade to EN right after I do ES, just to speed things along. OK with you, Tiamat?
Not a problem. I'll check back tomorrow and see what needs to be done.
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin

Post by kaitou »

ES 1.8.5 upgrade done.
EN 1.10.4 upgrade done.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

WARNING

The upgrades have reset the default settings on both of the wikis. This means anonymous posting has been re-enabled, as has registration. Spambots are already trickling in to the Exploitation Now wiki, but I don't have the access or the knowledge to shut off either of these functions. In short: we need these turned off ASAP before the bulk of the spambots figure out we're live bait again.
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin

Post by kaitou »

Account creation has been disabled for EN, this time, the correct way. The offending accounts have been deleted.

It wasn't available on ES from before the upgrade; so, there shouldn't have been any problem.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

kaitou wrote:Account creation has been disabled for EN, this time, the correct way. The offending accounts have been deleted.

It wasn't available on ES from before the upgrade; so, there shouldn't have been any problem.
Yar. Thank you.