Electo-o-nomicron 2008 - Polling Station

Rules, announcements, suggestions, elections, and all the other fun things that make our forums tick.

Cast thine votes into yon ether! (Full details on the issues below)

Poll ended at November 6th, 2008, 10:08 pm

Issue 2 - (Against) I feel that we need all three members of the Admin Council. Impy and Poe should immediately choose a third member.
7%
Issue 2 - (For) I feel that we are fine with only two members of the Admin Council. Impy and Poe can choose a third member when and if they feel it is needed.
18%
Issue 3 - (For) I feel the Category Moderator position should be replaced with the Global Moderator position, with 2 overall Moderators for all the boards instead of individual Moderators watching over each Category.
14%
Issue 3 - (Against) I feel that we should keep with the original Category Moderator position as written, with a total of 4 individual Moderators, each watching over specific Category.
7%
Issue 4 - (For) I feel that image posting should be enabled in a majority of the forums under the conditions stated above.
14%
Issue 4 - (Against) I feel that image posting should be kept to the Images and Artwork forum only.
11%
Issue 5 - (For) I feel that signature use should be enabled for the users under the conditions stated above.
18%
Issue 5 - (Against) I feel that signatures should not be enabled, or their use should be reserved.
11%

Total votes: 28

Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Electo-o-nomicron 2008 - Polling Station

Post by Viking-Sensei »

IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!

Just like last year, the way this poll is set up, you get multiple choices... please only make one choice per issue. You don't have to use all selections - you can choose not to decide on any of the issues.

Issue 1: The Admin Council Nomination
As dictated in the doctrine of the boards, one of the members of the Admin Council is to be a directly-elected representative of the forums. The current incumbant is Graybeard.
Since no one else was nominated for this position, Graybeard wins uncontested once again. Congratulations on your second no-hitter, GB.

Issue 2: Third Admin Status
This issue revolves around the status of the Third Admin, listed in the original charter as a direct apointee by Impy and Poe. The proposed motion would continue to affirm last year's motion to suspend the selection of a third admin until Poe, Impy, The Admin Council, or the boards in general feel that we require a third.
(Against) I feel that we need all three members of the Admin Council. Impy and Poe should immediately choose a third member.
(For) I feel that we are fine with only two members of the Admin Council. Impy and Poe can choose a third member when and if they feel it is needed.

Issue 2b: Third Admin Continued
If Issue 2 passes, Poe and Impy will have to select a 3rd Admin. This sub-motion called for nominees to be recommended with the board's backing for Poe and Impy's approval.
Since there were no nominees, none whatsoever (aside from me, and I'm already an Admin), this will not be a votable issue.

Issue 3: Global Moderators
Last year, the Category Moderator issue was voted down with the caviot that they could be enabled if needed. Last month, situations arose where it was needed and two were selected as interim "Team Captains". The final fate of this position and the scope of it's power has yet to be decided, however.

This issue would officially replace the original "Category Moderator" position called forth in the Board Charter with two Global Moderators... one elected by the Admin Council, the other nominated by the people of the forums. Instead of being tied down to a specific category as originally called for, these Global Moderators would be in charge of overall monitoring and maintanance of the posting aspects of the forums, and would answer directly to the Admin Council.
(For) I feel the Category Moderator position should be replaced with the Global Moderator position, with 2 overall Moderators for all the boards instead of individual Moderators watching over each Category.
(Against) I feel that we should keep with the original Category Moderator position as written, with a total of 4 individual Moderators, each watching over specific Category.

Issue 3b: Global Moderator Nominations
If Issue 3 passes, the boards will have to select a Global Moderator. This sub-motion called for nominees to fill the newly created board-elected GM position.Since there was only one nominee, this will not be a votable issue. If Issue 3 passes, Boss Out of Town will be the new Board-elected GM. (If Issue 3 fails, he'll retain his rank of Team Captain and become a Category Moderator anyway, so he wins no matter what.)

Issue 4: Image Posting Rights
Currently the ability to post images directly to the board is limited to the Images and Artwork Forum. This amendment to the Board Charter will open up image posting rights to the majority of boards. Some sensitive areas, such as boards in the News Category, will still likely be prohibited on a trial basis. A complete set of rules will have to be drafted (and revised in a live-trial environment), but the starting-point protocol calls for images to be work-safe, small enough in size to be displayed properly (no board-breakers), and correctly formatted (no images that cause problems loading, are in improper formats, broken links, hotlink-prohibited host, hotlinking from another site, unreasonably large filesize, etc). We will not be providing hosting.
(For) I feel that image posting should be enabled in a majority of the forums under the conditions stated above.
(Against) I feel that image posting should be kept to the Images and Artwork forum only.

Issue 5: Signature Rights
Currently the ability to have and use Signatures is limited to Admins and Owners. This amendment to the Board Charter will open up Signature usage rights to everyone. A complete set of rules will have to be drafted (and revised in a live-trial environment), but the starting-point protocol calls for signatures to be work-safe, have a limited maximum height and width (images and text combined), and formatted correctly (see Issue 4).
(For) I feel that signature use should be enabled for the users under the conditions stated above.
(Against) I feel that signatures should not be enabled, or their use should be reserved.

No more issues were submitted, so this is all this year's ballot contains.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord

Re: Electo-o-nomicron 2008 - Polling Station

Post by Viking-Sensei »

THIS IS A (MOSTLY) FRIENDLY REMINDER!

Voting ends tomorrow night at Midnight - that's about 28 hours left. If you haven't cast your ballot yet, now really ought to be the time.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord

Post by Viking-Sensei »

4 1/2 hours remain... get out thine vote, or be not heard.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Polling is now closed. The results:

Issue 2 - Passed - Admin Council remains at 2 (unless need arises)

Issue 3 - Passed - Category Moderator position has become Global Moderator position. Please welcome Boss Out of Town as our first official Global Moderator. BOoT, we'll get with you later to bring you up to speed.

Issue 4- Passed - Image posting should be enabled over this weekend. Guidelines will be posted in the Rules section shortly.

Issue 5 - Passed - Signatures will be enabled shortly. Guidelines will be posted in the Rules section shortly.