Classic Sesame Street

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Classic Sesame Street

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Before you all say "Oh, dear, time to call Graybeard... Viking appears to have gone insane." let me preface why I've created a topic about Sesame Street here in the "Current Events and Debate" sector. I stumbled upon this article the other day, and I've got to say it's got me worried about what we're doing to our children.

The thrust of the article states that the "classic" era Sesame Street DVDs that have recently come out now hold warnings to parents that this children's television program may not, in fact, be suitable for children anymore. The reasons listed are that Cookie Monster smokes a fake pipe during the Monsterpiece Theatre segments, Oscar the Grouch is perhaps a little too grouchy, and that Cookie Monster does not preach snack balance but instead unabashedly eats cookies like the insane doped-up mainiac that he's always been.

Is it just me, or does this seem completely insane to anyone else?
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
zanntos
Errant Scholar

Re: Classic Sesame Street

Post by zanntos »

Heh, I remember growing up and having my dad say "man they didn't make cool toys like that when i was a kid" i have no doubt when i have kids and grandkids i'll be able to look at there toys and say "man, sorry kid your toys are lame, i had way cooler stuff than this 'child safe' junk."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Classic Sesame Street

Post by Graybeard »

Viking-Sensei wrote:Before you all say "Oh, dear, time to call Graybeard... Viking appears to have gone insane."

Quite OK, I went insane right along with you, for the same reasons.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.