One down, one to go...

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

One down, one to go...

Post by Imp-Chan »

Just a quick update for the curious... One of the two organs I'm losing this year has gone, so there is now one left to remove.

On Monday, I had my gallbladder taken out. It went fine, I now have glorious bruises and hurt a lot, but I no longer have gallstones. I still don't like general anesthesia, it's still incredibly disorienting to wake up. I think I bitched about pain before I was fully conscious, for some reason this was way more painful than the last laparoscopic procedure I had done in January. I am having trouble keeping food down, but it's getting better. So far I've managed to keep about two ounces of pudding, four crackers, a cup of tea, a small portion of soup, and some water (put like that, I suddenly see my mother's point about needing to eat more). I even managed to get a little sleep last night. I will be healing for the next several weeks, so will be getting virtually nothing done for the store or the comics.

On November 8, they will be taking out my thyroid. I will be on thyroid medications for the rest of my life. I don't know yet how bad that surgery will be, but my thyroid has grown up over my hyoid and down into my chest, so even though my hormone levels are fine and it's functioning perfectly, they still have to take it out as soon as possible. I constantly feel a little bit like I'm being force choked. However, I've been assured that the recovery time for that surgery is only a few days, so hopefully I'll be back in shape to work on the store and comics by December.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: One down, one to go...

Post by Graybeard »

Get Well Soon, Impy. I too have had a gall bladder taken out, and believe me, if it's sick, you're a lot better off without it...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

May you have a speedy recovery, followed by a nice good bitchfest at whoever is responsible for your genetic make-up.
Lukkai
Errant Scholar

Post by Lukkai »

A speedy recovery and good luck with the other operation from me as well.

And I feel with you on the general anesthesia thing. I only ever needed one so far myself, but I obviously don't take them very well. Might have been that they overdosed it a little from what I've heard though.
I'm with SD. We're putting the anal into analysis.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

Having spent more time in the hospital than most people myself, I offer my sympathies. Hopefully, unlike me, you're not allergic to the painkillers!

Have a good recovery, Impy
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

No more chili and burritos for you. My Mom had hers out when I was a baby. Anything greasy or spicy can be a real problem for her. Get well soon.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

davester65 wrote:No more chili and burritos for you. My Mom had hers out when I was a baby. Anything greasy or spicy can be a real problem for her. Get well soon.
I second (third? fourth? umpteenth?) the GWS, but be reassured: I'm now minus a gall bladder, and I love chili and burritos. (Living where I do, I durn well better.) In fact I tolerate them better now than I did with the sick gall bladder.

Figure out what you can and cannot do, Impy, and live accordingly -- but pamper yourself. We're pulling for you.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.