Any good movies?

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Any good movies?

Post by DarkIntruder »

Anyone seen any good movies lately?
Vavrek
Errant Scholar

Re: Any good movies?

Post by Vavrek »

I watched The Ghost and The Darkness the other night. It's pretty good, and better than I expected when I started watching it and realized it was about building a railroad and maneating lions. I think I'm developing into a fan of Val Kilmer's work, so that certainly helps.

I managed to see the movie without knowing what it was about because a friend recommended it to me on the basis of one conversation:

"I designed this trap to capture a Bengal Tiger in India."
"And it worked?"
"Point of fact, no. But I'm convinced that the principle is sound."
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Sweeny Todd.

Just... see it.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Yes. I wrote a review of it here earlier, but I'm afraid I deleted it because it made me sound like a Emo teenager who worships Tim Burton. I do love Tim Burton, but am in no way an Emo kid.

I've seen it twice now, and will likely see it again.

BEST... MOVIE... OF 2007!

I feel like having a shave at the moment. Odd.
Vavrek
Errant Scholar

Post by Vavrek »

I shall see about arranging for other people to pay my ticket to see Sweeney Todd, as I have no monies. I just hope I can manage to see it on some night when the theaters don't get many people (A Tuesday or a Wednesday), so that I can avoid problems that I've heard other people have had to deal with.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

So, seen it yet?

*Start humming "The Worst pies in London."
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

DarkIntruder wrote:So, seen it yet?

*Start humming "The Worst pies in London."
I sawed it with Impy.

I was overall very impressed... as a big fan of the Soundheim stage production, it's a little hard not to compare the two, but I also acknowledge that those what compare original ______ to remake ________ are often regarded as asshats, so I've held my word.

Mostly.

I will say, if you're a fan of "classic" Sweeney Todd, you'll be suitably impressed by most every thing. There were a few parts cut... most of them make sense for theme, run-time, and change of venue. The lunatics escaping the asylum and the extended "City on Fire" number would have been unlikely, if not completely impossible, on screen. I'm betting just by the setup they had in the movie that the big, complicated duet between Anthony and Johanna will be resurrected for the DVD release (there was refference to them having the 'conversation' the duet consisted of, but no scene was shown, leaving a nice place for them to include it as an 'extended cut' version)... I did miss the grand chorus for the opening/ending, but then again... movie, so it does sort of make sense.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?