Ye Olde Shameless Plug Thread

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Ye Olde Shameless Plug Thread

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Got a webcomic you'd like to promote?
Want to share your hard work with the rest of the ES Gang?
Just feeling like an annoying braggart who wants to be an attention whore?

Well, you've come to the right place! Post links, details, plot summaries, pitch slogans... hit us with yer best shot! This is YOUR 15 nanoseconds of fame.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Re: Ye Olde Shameless Plug Thread

Post by DatDude »

Nightshard
On Probation

Post by Nightshard »

http://www.nightshard.com/occulthunter/

*Shamelessly promoting*

Darkness has spread across the world. Its time to load your weapons and kick ass!

and so on... Well, I have always had problem to make a plot summary. So I keep with my first statement.
Nightshard
On Probation

Nightshard's Shameless Promoting

Post by Nightshard »

[Viking-Edit] Viking-FUSION! Due to this being a duplicate and unneeded topic. Since you already posted the exact same thing in the correct topic, this is starting to look a little... um... spamish. I know you're proud to support your own artistic work, and we proudly support all the individual artists out there... just keep your advertising down to a reasonable level and we'll all be happy.[/Viking-Edit]

Occult Hunter
"Darkness has spread across the world. Its time to load your weapons and kick ass!"
Index:
http://www.nightshard.com/occulthunter/

DSG
"Things are not what they seems in the city of the damned."
Index:
http://www.nightshard.com/dsg/

Well, maybe not so shameless but that dosen't really mather does it?
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

*sigh* I suppose it's time I reveal my own secret shame... that I too was/am a webcomic artist. Time for my self promotion...

Jim The Viking (still active... sorta)
Jim The Viking originally started out as a thing I was doing for my friends... and it completely and totally stayed a thing I was doing for my friends, even beyond the point where most of my friends stopped reading it and disavowed all knowledge of it. It's mostly a sprite comic, but before you recoil in horror please understand that originally all the sprites I used were either designed by me or were freeware sprites lifted from RPG Maker and were copyritten to no one.

In latter days (Starting from the Rockman Horror Picture Show arc on) I'm openly using Mega Man sprites as well as characters that obviously don't belong to me, but at this point it's become more of a meta-comic wherein I make fun of the deluge of bad Mega Man sprite comics that have completely ruined the name "sprite comic" on the internet and therefore really and truly protected by fair usage by being an outright parody.

After the events in mid-late 2004 I went through an existential meltdown (and it shows) and left the comic. A friend and comic co-star Jenny took over the comic... she can't spell worth crap, but she's actually clinically handicapped, so just try and muddle your way through what she's saying... however I returned a few months later and she and I bounced control back and forth between the two of us. Also, Russ (Weirdonian here) recently (2006) lent his sprite-and-hand-drawn arts to the comic, adding a third author still plugging away trying to keep this comic that nobody reads alive.

In spring of 2007, I declared that I was ending the comic on it's 2008 5-year anniversiary. A countdown is prominently featured on the front page of the website.

The Story
The comic starts out following the lives of "Jim" and a few of his friends in dramatic retellings of things that actually did happen to me, often using exact conversations verbatim. The adventures are often esoteric, punctuated by pseudo-advise columns featuring my "Ancient Viking Master" persona dealing out horrible advise to the unprepared. The comic breaks several times and continuity has to be manually restarted.

After the initial run (ending with the end of the "Kidnapped by the Amish!" arc) the comic wanders off into several 'alternative universes' explored recasting the familiar characters in suspiciously familiar but not copyright protectable roles. It then goes into it's first totally fantasy arc, "Control", which lasts through the comic's abrupt end in the summer of 2004 and sets the tone for the future with the adding more and more original characters (so I could control them) and slowly writing out the 'real' people.

Then there's a lot of filler, because I ran away from the internet. It's not all bad... in fact, some of the story arcs are actually really funny (Especially the "It's a Wonderful Viking" Christmas Story, which lasted into March and ended with me being assulted by a leprichaun also intent on rehabilitating me.)

Recently, after my return, several of the different story elements have fallen into line into one giant story arc featuring the Norns (Norse Goddesses of Fate) and Loki (Norse God of Jackasses) attempting to stop the world from ending in the year 2012, the scheduled date for Ragnarok/Armageddon/Apocalypse. The world ends a couple of times in simulation, there's a huge Pokemon parody featuring my soon-to-be-a-very-real-collectable-card-game Bakachibimon, and we're currently being invaded by Mega Man sprites from a parallel dimension that we accidentally dialed into using a Stargate "Gate of teh Stars".

Also probably worth mentioning is the side comic, "Cinematic For The People". CFTP was originally a joke, anounced on April Fools Day as a replacement for JTV and starring a lesbian elf who'd previously been the butt of a running gag in JTV. http://www.elvenspace.com was even registered and vikingspace redirected to it for a while. Eventually, Leaf and 'Art' moved into a movie theater and started making fun of movies through parody movie posters. While JTV ran Mon-Fri, CFTP was my Saturday comic. Eventually, when my time and sanity dwindled, this comic was the first to go away. It's characters have since been re-incorperated into the regular JTV continuity and feature heavily in the "Cruise Control" story arc.

[EDIT] : I've also just noticed that neither my main page nor the CFTP archive display right in IE6. Oops... still, if Impy can do it with a big important comic like ES, I'm allowed a little mistake too. The comics still display, you just have to scroll down. I'll fix it shortly.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

Loki's offical title totally should have been God of Jackasses
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

http://shadowgirlscomic.com/index.php

I found a new web comic tonight, and it appears to be the bastard child of Buffy the vampire slayer and gilmore girls . . .hows thats possible I dont know but id love to watch. :oops:

Give the comic a look
GregC
Forum Trainee
Twitter @: gregcarter

Post by GregC »

I shall attempt to balance the shameless plugging of my comic:
Abandon

by adding a couple by friends:
Red String
The Devil's Panties

and a couple by really cool people I've met:
Brink
Paradigm Shift

Please enjoy.
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin
Twitter @: kaitou_

Post by kaitou »

Viking-Sensei wrote:*sigh* I suppose it's time I reveal my own secret shame... that I too was/am a webcomic artist. Time for my self promotion...

Jim The Viking (still active... sorta)
I took a peek at this and the doctors say that my eyes will heal in a couple of weeks and that, with proper drugs, the delusions will subside. ;)

So, in retribution, I present: kaitou.

This is essentially fallout from a project that Impy is working on using ComicPress. So, naturally, I had to install it on my site and try it out and that means uploading some "artwork" to it. View at your own risk.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

I was once a webcomic artist. If you're very lucky/cursed, I'll even let you all see the comics someday. I took them down out of shame.

It is worth noting that my webcomic artisting lasted about one summer, and stopped once I took on organizing a group project for webcomics called Project C.A.R.D. That stopped once I took on organizing Poe.

I admit it. I'm a serial organizer. I think they call them "consultants."

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.