Music for a government shutdown

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Music for a government shutdown

Post by Graybeard »

A good friend of mine just had the marvelous idea of inviting, on her Facebook page, ideas for the one piece of music that best captures the message she and her friends want to give Congress (the whole shebang, not just the one party you despise more than the other one) regarding the government shutdown currently in progress. We're a creative -- not to mention cynical -- group here, and I'm curious to get your ideas on this. As she said, one song and one only, ideally with a link to a YouTube or other not-for-pay performance. It should be the song lyrics, not the song title, that is the message; otherwise, how could any of us choose anything other than "Send In The Clowns"?

Here's mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMYNfQlf1H8
Get past the obnoxious commercial at the beginning, and on to the song, and I think my reasons for choosing it will be obvious.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: Music for a government shutdown

Post by Imp-Chan »

But... but that seriously did not end well!

I'm not sure what message I want to send Congress... I'd have to think about it more. Mostly, I have no faith in them, and I certainly don't believe they're serving the interests of the people. I haven't ever really believed that, though. I'm not sure there's anything to be gained by having anything to do with them, honestly, and I can see no way to improve the situation.

-_-'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

And I don't think the current outrage at the way Congress is behaving is going to end well either, Impy. :x But the song -- as opposed to the post-song ending of the clip -- seems to fit.

So what's yours? You know your music.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Every time I think about this situation, the bit about compromise makes me think of this song, so I guess it'll be my choice.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin
Twitter @: kaitou_

Post by kaitou »

Music for a government anything: [url http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK9lrC_XRnw]this song from 1919[/url] still covers it (at least, the title). (This is originally from a cylinder recording.)