Smoking Bans

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: Smoking Bans

Post by Imp-Chan »

I succumbed to homework, including for my debate class. I've had only three classes so far and am already identifying flaws in my arguments and others here. I'd love to revisit this, but I haven't actually done the homework for tomorrow yet (which is about political alignments, and is due in about 11 hours), so... it might be a while before I swing back around.
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Graybeard wrote:I had a completely unplanned pass back through this thread, as a result of something else I was writing, and it struck me that a lot of what's in these discussions is relevant to social behavior during the Covid-19 pandemic. Anybody left here who wants to chew on that a little, possibly in a new thread? Or have the thoughtful participants of days yore all succumbed to the virus or something?
I would be interested to hear your elaboration on the connections between this and the current pandemic.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Forrest wrote:
Graybeard wrote:I had a completely unplanned pass back through this thread, as a result of something else I was writing, and it struck me that a lot of what's in these discussions is relevant to social behavior during the Covid-19 pandemic. Anybody left here who wants to chew on that a little, possibly in a new thread? Or have the thoughtful participants of days yore all succumbed to the virus or something?
I would be interested to hear your elaboration on the connections between this and the current pandemic.
Well, for "smoking in bars," substitute "congregating in groups," and for "second-hand smoke," substitute "shedding virus, either through coughing or by touching things that others will touch." See where some of the things written above (notably by BooT, who I devoutly wish was still here) take you with that substitution.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.