Merry Christmas!

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Merry Christmas!

Post by BloodHenge »

Well, I had a good day today visiting relatives, and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves too.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Graybeard »

Here too, helped by having a truly fantastic set of in-laws. May the remainder of your holidays be happy. (Incidentally, I'll get back to Errant Road with some slightly less silly stuff for Grope tomorrow.)

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

It took us two and a half days to get from Illinois to Ohio through blizzard and sleet, but the in-laws in Dayton made great Christmas dinners and all were greatly entertained. Somehow, platefuls of home-made lasagna, along with wine, chocolate, hazelnut coffee and kahlua made everyone's jokes about the extra miniatutes on my in-law's creche hilariously funny.

Highlights of the trip: coyote sighting amid ice-covered fields in Indiana. Saw a billboard allong I-65 that said "Hell is Real" and, a few miles further on, another that said "Worlds Largest Adult Bookstore!"
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Had a surprise visit from the in-laws. Michael's mom is awesome, she cleans when she's bored so now our house is all sparkly. Michael's dad was sick most of the time, though, so they left early and didn't get to go to Christmas Brunch at my parents' house (moved there from our house because our kitchen sink was not draining and the plumbers can't fix it until Monday, when it will cost us $375 to install a new cleanout and bring the pipes up to code. Did I mention my in-laws used to have a plumbing business? They're now talking about bringing their tools every time they come to visit, because we had this same problem last year when Michael's dad came up to visit.)

Christmas Brunch was surprisingly restful, perhaps even bucolic. We had nummy foods, then made a delicious split pea soup for dinner, and sat around reading books or playing Sudoku or assembling a jigsaw puzzle and calling relatives to say Merry Christmas all afternoon. I mostly got awesome jewelry for Christmas, including a bracelet which I ADORE made of glass in shades of amber and jade. Our gift-giving went supremely well this year, we seem to have stumbled on excellent gifts for everyone, which was great to see.

Overall, a Christmas that was set to be extremely stressful and unpleasant turned out well despite all the troubles, and I'm left feeling better than I have in a while, at least for now.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.