Fan art

This board is image enabled, so here's the place to share your purdy pictures. Art, pictures, and the revived 'That Color Thread' all live here.
[CJ]
One Post Wonder

Fan art

Post by [CJ] »

I'm currently trying to get over my artist's block, and since it's been a while since I've drawn anything Errant Story related, I thought I'd have a go at drawing Meji. It actually turned out better than I originally thought it was going to, so I've decided to post it here.

(The image is fairly big in terms of file size because jpeg compression hates orange, so if this violate the 'bigger image' rule, let me know and I'll thumbnail it instead.)
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: Fan art

Post by Imp-Chan »

Prettyprettyprettyprettyprettyprettypretty!!!

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

Agreed, she does look slightly older and more slender, tho. Still, very nice piece of work.
TheWorldAware
New Poster

ARISE, DEAD THREAD!

Post by TheWorldAware »

My Lady sketched some fan art the other day and asked me to share it with y'all.

She liked what I did to it in Photoshop, so here's a link to that version, too.

Keep up the good work, Poe. :-)
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Oh wow... that's totally romance novel! I love it!

We're still working on that whole fanart gallery thing... we have a place to put it, we just don't have a system for putting it there that doesn't involve me coding every blessed page by hand.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Daggerfell
New Poster

Post by Daggerfell »

The first thing that came to mind with Ian chibified was, admittedly, cake.
One cannot deny such bakery goodness. Especially if made by fantastic god-like powers.

Another earlier sketch I did of Jon that I decided to color. It was wrong to chibifi him. :)

I don't know if I got the colors right, but I borrowed what I could from the site's header. ;)
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

This one takes a little explaining, I think.

On the forums for another web comic I enjoy, a fanart was posted that had something wrong with it, and the artist knew it. He just didn't know what it was. A number of other individuals stated the same thing. Some thing's wrong, dunno what. Eventually I stepped in, and explained that I knew what was wrong, and would explain, even though I was sure I would wind up regretting it. I then pointed out that the dress being worn, and the pose being used, combined with the angle of the perspective should have resulted in a truly epic upskirt that hid nothing, and that the bodice made it look as though the character had a single massive breast in the center of her chest, rather than two, when it should have actually have been creating cleavage and clear distinction between the breasts.

Everyone sat back and went, "Oh. Yeah. That's it!" Then they all turned, and, just as I had feared, asked why I was staring at the boobs and crotch of a 15 year old manga girl. Anyway, that became a running gag in the forum for a while, as I was dubbed "Ero-ogi, the Dirty Old Man." People were constantly asking which underage manga girl I was ogling (and being pwned by) that week. I took it all in stride. It was all in good fun, after all.

Well, at the same time, I was attempting to teach myself to draw. I'm still trying. But as part of the effort, I thought it might be fun to draw a picture making fun of myself. So, I chose a few familiar underage faces to deal with me properly...

(Apologies for how bad the art is. I've gotten better, though I'm still not what I'd call good.)
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Still better than anything I could do.

I recognize Ping (and the Errant Story characters, of course), but who's the girl in the foreground?
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Tendo Akane, of Ranma 1/2.
Brendan Keeley
One Post Wonder

Post by Brendan Keeley »

My own humbol little contribution...