Iago and Roderigo

This board is image enabled, so here's the place to share your purdy pictures. Art, pictures, and the revived 'That Color Thread' all live here.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Iago and Roderigo

Post by Jack Rothwell »

A link to a short film I did for a Liverpool based film company I'm helping get off the ground. I'll be doing a few projects with them over the summer. This is just the first cut of the final product so there's a few things that need cleaning up production wise. I'll put the final link in this post when it's done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6IGMR3IgTA

Views, likes and feedback will be appreciated with virtual-leg-humping. ;)

Updated link is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUi6IgbdZ8I
Last edited by Jack Rothwell on May 29th, 2013, 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Re: Iago and Roderigo

Post by Alberich »

I really liked your interpretation of Roderigo - you didn't go overboard in broadcasting how weak and stupid he is. Maybe film helps with that.

The Iago is a good actor but I think he makes the character too lighthearted in his evil. He's having fun, which is nice to see, but it's hard to believe he's the pot of seething bile we see in the later parts of the play.

(My favorite production is the Shakespeare Video Society with Ron Moody as Iago - the Roderigo in that one is a little caricaturish, but the Iago was so good he spoiled all other Iagos for me. From the moment he uttered the line - "One, sir, who comes to tell you, that your daughter and the moo-ar, are maykin' the beast wif two backs! - I was hooked.)
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Thanks Al. I really had no idea how good I was in this (if at all). I pretty much take the Johnny Depp approach to my involvement in acting projects, which is basically 'once the camera stops rolling/ curtain closes, I've got no business with it'. I tried watching it once or twice, but I was fixated on the light reflecting off the top of my head; male pattern baldness is a cruel mistress. :)

David's planning to do a 45 minute film over the summer, basically a condensed version of Hamlet. Hopefully it should look pretty good, there's a lot of beauty spots in Merseyside which would be perfect for doing some Shakespeare in.

Thanks for taking the time to watch it mate.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

Jack Rothwell wrote:I pretty much take the Johnny Depp approach to my involvement in acting projects, which is basically 'once the camera stops rolling/ curtain closes, I've got no business with it'.
That is an excellent attitude to take with writing as well, as this cautionary essay shows. (Okay, it's from a time when people wrote letters on typewriters. But the central lessons still apply.)