Errant Story Mafia!

Home of Viking's Infamous "Three Things" Challenge and some other games likely to make the baby Lord Naughtius cry.
Shteven
Forum Regular

Re: Errant Story Mafia!

Post by Shteven »

I'd be willing run another one if there's interest. I believe viking wanted to run three things again, and I'm not sure if everyone wants to keep starting games as soon as the previous one ended. That said it's really not that hard to randomize some roles and open a thread, so I could put it up in a few hours if there's consensus that people would want to start another one now.

I'd probably change the setup slightly. Devious mod secrets are so much fun. Also, if anyone's a serious mafia addict I also play on mafiascum.net, which is a site that's just one big forum for playing mafia. The games are more formal (separate forum to sign up for games in, newbie limits of one game first, then you're allowed 2 games if you replace into another one, etc) but it's not that imposing if you read a bit about it. Also, the games take longer. People take longer to place votes. But if you want to try, I'm also Shteven on that site, so you can always look up a few of my games. Two ended recently so I'm only in one ongoing game, I had been in 3 at once. I'm considering taking a break for a while, as running 3 games does end up being a decent time commitment, but I haven't ever abandoned a game yet so I just wait for them to end (well, for me to die at least...).

One of my favorite games there was newbie 546: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7278

It's also one of the shorter ones, so a pretty quick read. If you want one containing me in a horrible failure to convince the doctor that I really was the cop, check out http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Shteven wrote:As it would appear a goal is to put things on these here boards, I was wondering if people would be interested in playing a game of Mafia. First, some logistics:

Questions? Interest?
To clarify . . . when the people "talk among themselves" and decide to snuff someone, what is it they talk about? What makes this more than a random series of "voting people off the island" actions? How does this function as a game without someone providing an actual plot?
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Shteven wrote:As it would appear a goal is to put things on these here boards, I was wondering if people would be interested in playing a game of Mafia. First, some logistics:

Questions? Interest?
To clarify . . . when the people "talk among themselves" and decide to snuff someone, what is it they talk about? What makes this more than a random series of "voting people off the island" actions? How does this function as a game without someone providing an actual plot?
The first day, pretty much nothing. After that, the 'game' is trying to gauge people's reactions to events in order to determine who's lying and who isn't.
LordofNightmares
Forum Regular

Post by LordofNightmares »

Kind of a who done it like in Clue.